Knoblauch Café starts February 24th, 2015
- Sponsored and provided by the Department of Dietetics, Fashion Merchandising, and Hospitality
- Upscale dining experience complete with cloth linens, seasonal décor, a relaxing atmosphere, and extremely fast service
- 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM, Tuesdays
- Delivery is available within Knoblauch Hall
- Carry-outs available
- Cost: $7.00, which includes beverage and dessert
- Knoblauch Hall 239, Corporate Dining Room
- Reservations can be made by downloading our new iphone app Knoblauch Café, or by emailing Sharon Thompson at SK-Thompson2@wiu.edu or calling (309) 298-1085.
The current menu can be viewed at the Knoblauch Café website.
18th Annual Maple Syrup Festival
- Saturday, March 7th
- 10 AM - 3 PM
- Argyle Lake State Park, Colchester, IL
- Admission is free
- Individuals attending the festival will experience the tapping of the maple trees, collection of the sap, boiling down of sap in syrup and a taste of the finished product.
Carpal Tunnel…It is Not Just from a Keyboard
Cathy Brost, Physical Therapist
McDonough District Hospital
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
12:10 - 12:50 p.m.
Sandburg Theatre, University Union
Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Salmon"
- Cook with Senior Dietetics Students
- Knoblauch Hall 230, Small Kitchen
- Wednesday, March 25; 5:00-6:30 PM
- RSVP by Friday, March 20
- Cost: $7.00 - payment is required at time of reservation
- Contact Sharon Chenoweth for reservations at S-Chenoweth@wiu.edu or the Human Resources office at (309) 298-1971
6th Annual Donna Phillips Memorial Run/Dog Walk
- Saturday, March 28
- 8:30 am - check-in begins at Brophy Hall Gymnasium, lower level (enter at east side of building)
- 9:30 am - 5K Run Begins
- 9:35 am - 5K Dog Run Begins
- 9:40 am - Dog Walk Begins
- Visit the Donna Phillips Run page for more information
Minority Health Fair
- Minority Health Fair
- Wednesday, April 1
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Multicultural Center
Free Blood Pressure Screening
Open to Faculty, Staff, and Students
April 2nd, 2015
11:00 AM - 1:30 PM
Spencer Student Recreation Center, Keeney Room
For questions or concerns please contact David Garrison at DA-Garrison@wiu.edu.
Monarch Butterflies: Benefitting from Backyard Habitats
- Presented by Rhonda Brady, Master Gardener, University of Illinois - Extension
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- 12:10 - 12:50 PM
- Lincoln Room, University Union
Bridge the Gap to Health 5K/10K/Half Marathon
- 5K, 10K and half marathon runs, 5K leisure walk, and walking half marathon
- Saturday, May 16
- Race Website
Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
October 10th, 2015
In October 2014, more than 500 runners and walkers joined forces to raise over $20,000 by participating in Western Illinois University's 3rd Annual Fallen Soldiers 5k Run/Walk, and event organizers hope to see over 550 in this year's event.
The event is designed as a fundraiser for the Fallen Soldier's Scholarship Fund in honor of two WIU alumni who were killed in the line of duty, Capt. Derek Dobogai and Lt. Col. Robert Baldwin. Dobogai, who graduated from Western in 2003 with a bachelor's degree in law enforcement and justice administration, was among the 14 U.S. soldiers aboard a Black Hawk helicopter that crashed Aug. 22, 2007 in northern Iraq. Baldwin, who earned a bachelor's degree in industrial technology from WIU in 1993, was killed Sept. 21, 2010 when his Blackhawk UH-60 helicopter carrying international troops crashed during combat operations in the Zabul province of Afghanistan.
Money raised from the 5k Run/Walk is directed toward the WIU Fallen Soldiers Scholarship Fund, which supports veterans and service members currently enrolled at Western. Additional donations are welcome. The entry fee is $25 per person, and pre-registration is due by Sept. 28th ($35 registration after 9/28).
While the scholarship and program will continue to honor the men for whom the scholarship was established, each year the event will also recognize the recipients of scholarships that are awarded in the preceding year.
- Online Registration Form
- Registration Form (to be printed and sent in)
- Facebook Event Page
- Race Route Map and Elevation Profile
- Sponsorship Information
Mile Marker Sponsor
Race Route Sponsors
Other Race Sponsors
- Knoblauch Cafe
- 18th Annual Maple Syrup Festival
- Carpal Tunnel…It is Not Just from a Keyboard
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Salmon"
- 6th Annual Donna Phillips Memorial Run/Dog Walk
- Minority Health Fair
- Free Blood Pressure Screening
- Monarch Butterflies: Benefitting from Backyard Habitats