Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Walk for Wishes
Western Illinois University's Chi Omega fraternity will host "Walk for Wishes" at Hanson Field on Saturday, Oct. 5.
Proceeds from the 5k walk will be given to the Make a Wish Foundation, which grants wishes for critically ill children. The Chi Omega organization joined with the Make a Wish Foundation in 2001 and since then has made over $8 million dollars for the Foundation.
Last year, WIU's Chi Omega chapter was able to grant two wishes by raising more than $10,000. Since last year's goal was $5,000, Chi Omega bumped its goal to $10,000 this year. If this goal is met, two more children will be given a "Wish Party."
Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the walk begins at 10 a.m. To find out more, visit the Chi Omega Walk for Wishes website.
- Tips for Better Road Bicycling
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 4/1
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Quinoa"
- Color Craze 5K
- Blood Pressure and Grip Strength Screening - April 8
- Sun Damage Screening
- Blood Pressure and Grip Strength Screening - April 23
- Secretary of State Mobile Services