Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- Blood Pressure Screenings & Fasting Blood Glucose - Nov. 1-11
- Pilates and Yoga
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Sweet Potatoes"
How can I tell if I have high blood pressure?
- High blood pressure (also called Hypertension) has no symptoms. That's why it's called a "silent killer".
- A single elevated blood pressure reading doesn't mean you have high blood pressure.
- The only way to find out if you have high blood pressure is to have your blood pressure checked by a doctor or other qualified health professional.
- Optimal blood pressure with respect to cardiovascular risk is less than 120/80 mm Hg.
150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise a week lowers depression as effectively as Prozac or behavioral therapy