Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
- Old Stompin' Ground Runaround (WIU Homecoming 5K)
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Springfield Marathon
- Halloween Hustle 5K (Oquawka)
- Haunted Hill 5K/10K
Controllable Factors that contribute to high blood pressure:
- Sedentary or inactive lifestyle. Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity on most days.
- Heavy alcohol consumption. Heavy and regular use of alcohol can increase blood pressure dramatically.
- Sodium (salt) sensitivity and/or heavy sodium consumption
- Obesity and overweight. Studies have shown that changes in body weight over time and skinfold thickness are related to changes in blood pressure levels.
15 minutes of unprotected sun exposure between 10 AM - 4 PM generates between 2,000 - 5,000 IU of vitamin D, which meets the daily recommendation