Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
Karvonen Target Heart Rate Formula
- 220-age = Max Heart Rate (MHR)
- Max Heart Rate - Resting Heart Rate = Heart Rate Reserve
- Heart Rate Reserve x .6 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute OR
- Heart Rate Reserve x .75 = __ + Resting Heart Rate = Beats Per Minute
** The beats per minute you get from C and D are your target heart rate threshold on which your heart rate should stay in between during exercise
Physical activity is an unplanned movement performed during daily activity where as exercise is planned, structured and a repetitive movement to improve or maintain one or more components of physical activity.
- Pilates/Yoga Classes
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- "Public Health in an Age of Inactivity"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop