Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
Up to 80% of people will experience lower back pain, and approximately 15% of Americans will be disabled by "lower back pain" in their lifetime.
Controllable Factors that contribute to high blood pressure:
- Sedentary or inactive lifestyle. Try to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity on most days.
- Heavy alcohol consumption. Heavy and regular use of alcohol can increase blood pressure dramatically.
- Sodium (salt) sensitivity and/or heavy sodium consumption
- Obesity and overweight. Studies have shown that changes in body weight over time and skinfold thickness are related to changes in blood pressure levels.
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/7
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Jackie Thompson Wellness Lecture - Dr. Karen Greathouse
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/21
- Prairie Lands Environmental Summit
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop