Western Well: Employee Wellness at Western Illinois University
The overload principle is often not incorporated in strength workouts. The overload principle is where the muscles are strained by a near maximal load. It shows that high reps and low weight can be counter productive towards strength and muscular size.
Within 10 years of quitting smoking, a person's risk of death from coronary heart disease is reduced to a level equal to that of someone who has never smoked.
- Pilates/Yoga Classes
- Illinois River Sweep - La Moine River
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/23
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 9/24
- We Care, Fall 2014
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 9/30
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/7
- Delicious Nutritious - "Cooking with Kale"
- Bella Hearst Plasma Glucose Screening
- Fallen Soldiers 5K Run/Walk
- Sustainability Brownbaggers - 10/21
- Prairie Lands Environmental Summit
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/27
- Delicious Nutritious - "Gluten-free Non-Wheat Noodles"
- Red Cross Blood Drive - 10/29
- Indoor Kayaking Workshop