Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Sustainability Student Awards
Request for Proposals
Purpose of Awards
The purpose of the awards is to provide recognition and a small monetary award to individual students or groups of students who have made a significant contribution to promoting sustainability in their organization or community.
An award will be given for each of the following three categories: a) Primary School Level (PreK-6), b) Junior/High School Level (7-12 grades), and c) College Level (undergraduate and graduate). Eligibility is limited to individual students and groups of students attending a school/college/university in Illinois, Missouri, or Iowa.
Nature of Awards
Each award will include $250 to use to promote further projects, recognition at a ceremony at the WIU Environment Summit, and a plaque.
Criteria for Selection
In 500 words, please describe your group’s sustainability efforts, programs, or projects completed between April 15, 2012 and March 15, 2013 . Please include a description of each of the following applicable items:
- A brief summary of the project or program.
- The waste volume/emissions reduction or land/natural resources/energy conserved.
- Were there quantifiable economic benefits derived from the activity or activities? If so please provide details.
- The commitment and ownership that you or the members in the group had in identifying, implementing, and/or providing ongoing support for these sustainability activities.
- Identify any community (or sub-community, for example: classroom or neighborhood) benefits achieved through your group’s sustainability activities
- D id the activities contribute to the cause of a larger sustainability effort? Please provide details, if so. For example, Did you reduce the amount of space taken up in the landfills? Has the cost of your school or institution trash pick-up been reduced? Do you feel your project has positively affected climate change?
- Additional information related to the scope and impact of your effort, project, or program.
- Please give a short statement regarding what the money from the award will be used for.
The deadline for 2013 award applications is March 22, 2013 at 4:30 pm CST. Proposals should be submitted electronically using the form below.
Questions should be directed to Rob Porter at 309-297-1967 or email@example.com.
The 2013 Environmental Summit is over. Please check back later for information about next year's event.
- Environmental Summit Home
- 2013 Summit Registration Form
- 2013 Student Sustainability Awards Criteria and Signup Form
- Previous Summit Speakers