Section 5: Administration Positions Hiring Procedure
Consideration for the positions of all Western EMS officers can be evaluated at anytime throughout the semester. The Western EMS Advisor and EMS Captain will review each person and review whether or not they have fulfilled the duties of each position.
If it is decided that an officer has not fulfilled their duties, they will not be asked to fill that position for the next semester. They are not being removed from member status, but will not longer be an officer.
If a person fulfils their assigned duties, the Western EMS Advisor and the Captain may, at their discretion, ask them to remain in that position for the next semester.
Any person that has the title “acting” before their rank means that they are in training for a given position.
For any administrative position that needs to be filled, the following procedure will go into effect:
- The position that is open will be posted and all members will be made aware of the opening.
- Applications will be made available for a minimum of one week.
- Those interested can fill out an application and submit it to the Captain by the announced deadline.
- After the deadline has passed, the Captain will review the applications with the Western EMS Advisor and Executive Officer. If need be, the Director of OPS may be included in the review.
- At this point, the Western EMS Advisor, Captain, and Executive Officer will interview the applicants.
- Notifications will then be made to all applicants to inform them of the outcome.
Western EMS Officers do receive a Talent Grant; the amount differs per position, if they meet the Universities GPA standard. Western EMS Officers, as well as any other member that receives a Talent Grant, should realize that they have been put in the position to receive a Talent Grant, not only because they have earned it, because they are to do a particular job and have a higher level of dedication towards the organization. If a Western EMS member that receives a Talent Grant fails to meet their full responsibilities for their particular position their Talent Grant and possibly position will be taken away at the discretion of the Western EMS Advisor and Captain.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Conduct code, Rights and Responsibilities
- Section 3: Application Process
- Section 4: Training Sessions
- Section 5: Administrative Positions Hiring Procedure
- Section 6: Mid-Semester Reviews
- Section 7: Ranks and Positions
- Section 8: Talent Grants
- Section 9: Dress Code
- Section 10: Scheduling and Attendance
- Section 11: Cell Phone Use
- Section 12: Call Response
- Section 12.1: Crew Staffing
- Section 13: Off Campus
- Section 14: Equipment Purchasing
- Section 15: Use of Equipment
- Section 16: Liability Coverage
- Section 17: Alcohol, Substance Abuse and Smoking
- Section 18: Confidentiality
- Section 19: Complaints and Internal Conflicts
- Section 20: Service Recognition
- Section 21: Discipline and Conduct Code
- Section 22: On Call Rooms
- Section 23: Radio Communications
- Section 23.1: Approved 10-Codes
- Section 23.2: Approved Phonetic Alphabet
- Section 24: Communicable Disease and Exposure/Injury Care
- Section 25: Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Section 26: Changes to the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Section 27: Meeting Attendance
- Section 28: Death of a Patient
- Section 29: Emergency Leave of Crew
- Section 30: Mass Casualty Incident or Multiple Victim Response