Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Section 27: Meeting Attendance
Meeting attendance is a mandatory part of Western EMS. If a member fails to attend meetings then that member will not be fully informed of news within the organization.
- All members of Western EMS must attend a minimum of 2/3 of all regularly scheduled meetings.
- All officers will be required to attend a minimum of 2/3 of all the regularly scheduled officers meetings.
- The times for both of these meetings will be announced within the first two weeks of each semester.
- Attendance will be taken at each meeting and kept in a permanent file by the Executive Officer.
- Any variation from this policy may be entered as a written reprimand for that member.
- Special arrangements may be made with the Captain if this policy cannot be followed because of classes or other unforeseen reasons. It is the Captain’s decision as to whether or not the excuse is valid.
- If a member misses more then two meetings without contacting the Special Duty Officer, Executive Officer or Captain with a valid reason, an automatic written reprimand will be issued.
- If a member misses more then three meetings and has contacted the Special Duty Officer, Executive Officer or Captain but provided an invalid excuse, an automatic written reprimand will be issued.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: Conduct code, Rights and Responsibilities
- Section 3: Application Process
- Section 4: Training Sessions
- Section 5: Administrative Positions Hiring Procedure
- Section 6: Mid-Semester Reviews
- Section 7: Ranks and Positions
- Section 8: Talent Grants
- Section 9: Dress Code
- Section 10: Scheduling and Attendance
- Section 11: Cell Phone Use
- Section 12: Call Response
- Section 12.1: Crew Staffing
- Section 13: Off Campus
- Section 14: Equipment Purchasing
- Section 15: Use of Equipment
- Section 16: Liability Coverage
- Section 17: Alcohol, Substance Abuse and Smoking
- Section 18: Confidentiality
- Section 19: Complaints and Internal Conflicts
- Section 20: Service Recognition
- Section 21: Discipline and Conduct Code
- Section 22: On Call Rooms
- Section 23: Radio Communications
- Section 23.1: Approved 10-Codes
- Section 23.2: Approved Phonetic Alphabet
- Section 24: Communicable Disease and Exposure/Injury Care
- Section 25: Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Section 26: Changes to the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Section 27: Meeting Attendance
- Section 28: Death of a Patient
- Section 29: Emergency Leave of Crew
- Section 30: Mass Casualty Incident or Multiple Victim Response