Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Guidelines: General Evacuation Procedures
- Building evacuations will occur when the fire alarm sounds continuously and/or when notified by the Office of Public Safety.
- Know the marked exits for your building. Know the exit routes from your work area.
- Leave the building immediately an if alarm sounds or if directed to do so by the Office of Public Safety.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and cannot evacuate.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 150 yards from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist emergency personnel. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940