Guidelines: Bomb Threat
- If you observe a suspicious object which may be a potential bomb on campus, do not handle the object. Clear the area and immediately call 911.
- Any person receiving a telephone call that a bomb or other explosive device has been placed on campus should obtain as much information as possible.
- Time of call and phone line the threat was received.
- Description and the location of bomb.
- Perceived personal characteristics and gender of person.
- Noticeable speech pattern, accent, etc.
- Description of any background noise.
- Reason bomb was placed on campus.
- The emergency personnel will conduct a detailed bomb search. Do not touch any suspicious objects!
- If building evacuation alarms sound or you are instructed to leave by the Office of Public Safety, leave by the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same. Assist the persons with disabilities in exiting the building.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and cannot evacuate.
- Once outside, move to clear area at least 150 yards from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist emergency personnel. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940