Stanley Safety Grant Competition
Students, alumni, friends, faculty and staff are encouraged to vote for Western Illinois University each and every day as part of the STANLEY Security Together for Safer Schools grant. Votes for WIU can be made at stanleysaferschools.com, via SMS text message (wiuedu to 334455) and through Twitter (#STANLEYSecurity and #wiuedu) until 11:59 p.m. Feb. 12.
The top two schools who receive the most votes in each category will receive grants of security products and services from STANLEY Security. Western is in category two (8,000-19,999 students). The first place school will receive a $150,000 safety grant, with the second place school receiving a $50,000 grant. Winners will be announced by STANLEY Security March 3.
Safety and Security is Everyone's Business
We partner with all members of the WIU community to provide a safe environment. Through training, education, and environmental management, we strive to provide a campus that is pleasant, safe, secure, and provides for a high quality of life for all of our members and guests.
Some of our safety programs & strategies include;
- Electronic device registration
- An escort system
- The installation and recent testing of our Emergency Alert System
- Upgrades to our emergency blue light callboxes
- A dedicated group of Team Police stationed in the residence halls
- Crime Victim Assistance & Advocacy
- Maintainance and support/oversight of the non-transport emergency medical service, “Western EMS”
- Student Patrols
- Campus-sponsored prevention programs to educate the community about sexual assault, acquaintance rape and other sex offenses are offered on an ongoing basis throughout the year
The Annual Security Report (PDF) provides a comprehensive review of crime-related statistics for the previous four years for the WIU-Macomb and -Quad Cities campuses. This report also includes University policies on campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault support and other resources. This report is also available online, along with the statistics, at wiu.edu/clery. A hard copy may also be viewed at OPS (Mowbray Hall) and University Relations (Sherman Hall 302).
The carrying of concealed weapons is not allowed on Western Illinois University property. For questions refer to the Concealed Carry Policy or contact the Office of Public Safety.
Office of Public Safety
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
EMERGENCIES: Dial 911
Parking Services: 309/298-1921
Access Control: 309/298-1940
- WIU Speaks Out Against Sexual Assault, Violence
- FOP Lodge No. 169 Fundraiser Underway
- View All Campus Crime Reports
- More University News