Assistant Equal Opportunity Officer
Equal Opportunity & Access
"Work hard, play hard! If you work hard, it affords you the opportunity to play hard!"
Don Bowen works in the Equal Opportunity and Access Department as an Assistant Equal Opportunity Officer. Don began his career at WIU with the Intern Program in EOA, in October 2010. Don's primary role is to monitor employment searches on campus by assisting search committees in the hiring process. Additionally, he assists with the investigations of complaints of discrimination. When asked what he likes most about his job, Don responds, "I like training employees on the electronic tracking system, and I enjoyed participating with the Intern Program Pre-screenings." Advice for prospective employees, Don shares, "WIU is a great employer, a great place to work! There are opportunities to develop and grow if you take them." A big asset that helped Don in his position was the support he received within his office from superiors and peers. "We do a great job of learning from each other, and that helps us put our best foot forward." When Don isn't working with search teams, you will find him enjoying time with his family, and creating fun through gaming!
HR salutes Don Bowen as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees