Account Technician I
Business Services/Billing & Receivables
"Be true to yourself!"
Georgia works in two departments at WIU—Billing & Receivables and Business Services Departments, as an Account Technician I. She began her career at WIU in October 1999 as a Clerk II, in the Billing & Receivables Dept., and has progressively advanced to her current position. Georgia processes daily checks, posts students' funds to their accounts, processes daily departmental batches-posting, and posts book charges to accounts. Georgia enjoys the data entry piece of her current position. One of the occasions she enjoys within her department is the monthly birthday celebrations they have. "It's fun to share those special days with my co-workers. I enjoy my co-workers and also our student workers. It's always hard to see them go when they graduate!" When asked about something/someone that helped Georgia in her position, she shared that a former supervisor, Nancy Keithley was very helpful to her in Accounts Payable. She also adds, "Cheryl Webster is very knowledgeable and helpful to work with now." Georgia likes to attend the WIU Leatherneck Football games and when she's not at WIU, she spends time enjoying her garden and with her beloved three white Westies: Murphy, Tucker, and Watson!
HR salutes Georgia Icenogle as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees