Information Technology Technical Associate
Each morning when I wake up, I recite this scripture: "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"
Richard works as an Information Technology Technical Associate in the University Technology Department. He began at WIU in May 2004 as a Digital Computer Operator III, and has progressively advanced to his current position. Richard supervises and monitors the computer systems on the WIU mainframe. There are three shifts of employees in this high security department. One of Richard's responsibilities is to process the printing of checks. When asked what he likes most about his job, Richard shares, "I like it ALL! I love working with students—we have some great student employees here. All the people I work with here are great!" "Come in and take your tests, WIU is a great place to work," is Richard's advice to individuals considering looking to WIU for employment. One of his most memorable experiences that Richard has, thankfully, doesn't happen every day. "It has to be when I fell through the floor, cut my leg, and had 26 stitches! It was my first time in an ambulance, first time having to have stitches, and definitely the first time I ever fell through a floor!" Richard credits the people that he works with that are willing to share their knowledge, as something that was most helpful to him, in his position. When Richard is not working, he enjoys doing yard work and gardening, as well as attending plays at WIU.
HR salutes Richard Hamilton as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees