Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Sports Equipment Supervisor
"Treat people as you want to be treated."
Can you think of anyone who has worked at WIU for 34 years—ALL in the same department? Diane Bruns has! Diane works as a Sports Equipment Supervisor in the Athletics Department, and has been in the department for over 34 years. It is Diane's responsibility that our athletic teams and coaches have all the equipment they need to do their jobs. She travels with the football team to ensure they have the proper equipment and she purchases items of equipment our athletic teams may need. Her job requires her to work with parents, coaches, players, community members, officials, and sales representatives. Diane shared that what she enjoys most about her job is the people…all of the individuals she has the opportunity to work with. She says, "The students keep you young. The new coaches are always interesting…working with them to learn their expectations, our office staff, administration, and players are all great to work with!" Some of her most memorable experiences include, "Years ago I traveled with the ladies softball team when they went to Seattle, Washington for the NCA 1st round for the College World Series. I've been to Chapel Hill, North Carolina and saw their facilities—I enjoy seeing the facilities of larger universities. I have also built good relationships with former coaches who became lifelong friends." One of her favorite things to do at WIU is to enjoy a round of golf at Harry Mussatto Golf Course. She also likes the BCA events and going to the movies! When she isn't on an athletic field, court, locker room, or pool side, you will find her golfing, gardening, reading, or catching a movie!
HR salutes Diane Bruns as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees