Client Relations Representative II
Scholarship Coordinator's Office
"You can't go wrong following the Golden Rule."
Clarene works as a Client Relations Representative II in the Scholarship Office. She has served WIU since September 1998, with the last 15 years in her current department. Clarene is the first face you will see when you visit the Scholarship Office. She is a positive face for WIU! Clarene can answer most anything relating to scholarships and enjoys working with the students and their parents. She is responsible for producing the scholarship award letters and tracks eligibility of awards for our students. When asked what she enjoys most about her job, her face lights up and she responds, "The joy I get in informing students when they receive scholarships…I've see many happy tears!" She also mentions the satisfaction she gets out of working closely with the Financial Aid Office and Billing & Receivables; and helping students find needed resources. "The office staff on campus is also very helpful." In discussing a memorable experience, Clarene remembered a time when she brought an unexpected joy to a mother when she informed her that her student would be receiving a life-changing scholarship. "There have been many of these moments over the years…It's so exciting to bring that type of good news to families." Clarene credits her success in her job to the excellent supervisors she has had over the years. "They have always encouraged me to grow in my position and have always been supportive. I appreciated my supervisors because they gave me a lot of autonomy and let me do my job. I respected them for that." In her spare time, Clarene loves spending time with her grandchildren, being involved in her church, and reading.
HR salutes Clarene Royer as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees