"It's a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known." -Charles Dickens
LuAnn works as a Storekeeper III in the Biological Sciences Department in Waggoner Hall. She began her career at WIU in October 2011. Some of LuAnn's responsibilities include: keeping track of inventory and equipment over $500, checking in orders for all labs…this often includes crayfish, turtles, and frogs so timeliness is important. Biological Sciences has one of the largest inventories on campus. LuAnn also helps professors organize the labs.
When asked about one of her most memorable experiences, LuAnn responded, "We had a hot water pipe burst. I came into work with water everywhere. I tried to salvage the equipment and get it dried out. I wasn't expecting anything like that to happen!"
LuAnn credits two individuals with helping her in her job. "Denis Barnes in Property Accounting helped me to learn the guidelines for inventory. He was always willing to take the time to help me…there was no one here to train me in this area. Andrea Jenkins was also very helpful to assist me with computer issues and questions. Outside of my department, those two people were most helpful."
One of her favorite things to do on campus is go to the Malpass Library. "It is a big asset to me, we don't have one in our town, so I enjoy going to the library here." When you don't find LuAnn working in and around the labs, you will find her building a cabin where she will eventually live, and searching Pinterest for activities to do with her three granddaughters.
HR salutes LuAnn Wilson as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees