Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Assistant Agricultural Research Technician
"You have to love what you do…especially in agriculture."
Delson works as an Assistant Agricultural Research Technician at the WIU Farm. He began his career in May 2011. Delson's current responsibilities include managing the beef herd and the performance bull testing. He oversees the feeding, handling, and calving activities for 100-200 head of bulls, steers, calves, etc. When asked what he enjoyed most about his job, Delson shared, "No two days are ever the same, I like the different routines and being outside. I also like the interaction with the students for labs…they get to experience new things here…that's important!" One of his most memorable experiences was this past winter. "I had to spend the night out here in the office, as the weather got bad and the roads closed so I couldn't get home." Delson adds, "I've been in agriculture my whole life, and am an Alum of WIU in Beef Science. Western has been a good place to work. I like those that I work with, as well as the producers I work with too." Delson enjoys sharing tours of the farming operation. I took the 10 cent tour as he explained the purpose and goals of the WIU farm. In the pasture you could see the cattle herd and a flock or two of Canadian Geese. Many would say his office "window" surpasses any of others on campus!
When Delson isn't managing the beef herd, you will find him farming at home. In his "spare" time, he might try to fit in a cattle show or a tractor pull, now and then!
HR salutes Delson Wilcoxen as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees