"WIU is a great place for opportunity and personal growth for students, employees, and the entire community!"
Andy Fentem works in the Administrative Information Management Systems (AIMS) Department as an Applications Analyst. He began his career at WIU in 1998 as an Applications Programmer I. When asked what he likes most about his job, he stated that it is the people that he works with in his department, as well as those he works for in various departments across campus. Andy likes his work because it is challenging, exciting, and stimulating. He said, "We help other employees to do their jobs easier, and to support them." Some of WIU's best assets, Andy felt, were the employee benefits, but also the personal growth opportunities and educational benefits he has appreciated. Andy enjoys the many interesting cultural arts opportunities WIU offers.
HR salutes Andy Fentem as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees