Barb De Renzy
Casa Latina/Multicultural Center
"Success isn't measured by money, but what you get out of life."
Barb De Renzy works in the Casa Latina Department as an Office Manager. Barb began her career at WIU in July 2001 as a Secretary III in Curriculum and Instruction. She has progressively worked her way up to her current position at Casa Latina. Barb's primary responsibilities are to support the Director with programming assistance for three student organizations, the Latin/American Student Organization, the International Friendship Club, and the Tradicion Hispania Dance Troup. Barb also provides record-keeping and budgeting for the department. When asked what she liked most about her job, Barb was quick to respond, "Working with students and learning about different cultures! Our International Bazaar is growing and changing, it's exciting to see!" Barb's suggestion to prospective employees is to take advantage of opportunities to learn other areas on campus, once you are hired. "You always learn something from each area/department on campus." Barb's most memorable experience was when she recently served on a search committee. "I enjoyed interviewing the candidates, and hearing about the new ideas for the department from the candidates." One thing that has helped Barb, is that her director views us as a team, "We are all truly equals, we are all treated with respect, and our opinions and ideas matter." Barb enjoys attending the various speakers on campus as well as the annual Balloon Rally. When she is not attending Casa programs, Barb enjoys reading and taking classes. She is taking a summer class with her granddaughter.
HR salutes Barb De Renzy as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees