Theatre and Dance Department
"You get out of life what you put into it."
Wendi Mattson works as an Office Manager in the Theatre and Dance Department. Wendi began her career at WIU in July 2006 as a Secretary IV. In December 2011 she was reallocated to an Office Manager. Wendi was just elected as the President of the Civil Service Council at WIU. Wendi's primary responsibilities in the Theatre & Dance Dept. are to support the daily needs of the students and faculty, and keep the department running smoothly. She cites the students and the interaction with them as her favorite part of her job. Her advice to prospective employees is that you will meet amazing people here, it's a great place to work, and she feels fortunate to be a part of the WIU family. Wendi's most memorable experience occurred last year when she was asked to be a part of a production and have an appearance on stage. She said, "I've never been on a stage in my life, I was so nervous…but it was so much fun!" One of the things that helped Wendi in her position is serving on the Civil Service Council. "It has helped me immensely…to get to know other employees and learn their role, that helped a great deal." When asked what her favorite thing to do at WIU is, Wendi responded, "I have to say that I enjoy every day at work, doing my job. We have the best department on campus. We work hard, but we have fun doing it." When Wendi is not keeping the department running or sharing a stage, she finds time to enjoy yoga, belly dancing, volunteering, boating, motorcycle riding, and was just elected to the village board in Plymouth, her hometown.
HR salutes Wendi Mattson as one of our many committed Civil Service employees at WIU!
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees