Affordable Care Act Notice
Mandatory Notice of Insurance Marketplace
The federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) mandates the State of Illinois as your employer, by and through Western Illinois University, to send you a notice that explains the option to purchase health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
Please be aware that you do not need to purchase insurance through the Marketplace as long as you maintain health insurance coverage as required by the State of Illinois. Health insurance under one of the benefits plans provided by the State of Illinois Department of Central Management Services (“CMS”) satisfies your individual responsibility to carry health insurance coverage under the PPACA.
All employees are encouraged to review the notice. If you do not currently have health insurance, please carefully read the following notice (see link below). PPACA requires nearly all individuals to obtain health insurance coverage for themselves.
If you have additional questions regarding these issues, please consult the resources listed below:
For Graduate Assistants:
For Student Employees:
- SURS Employee Forum Presentation (PDF)
- Civil Service Handbook
- Civil Service Forms
- Microsoft Office Training
- Civil Service Employees Council News and Information
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Access
- Provost's Office
- Diversity Programs at Western
- Western Illinois University Board of Trustees
- Western Illinois University Chapter - State Universities Annuitants Association
- State Universities Civil Service System - (includes information about Statutes & Rules, Class Specifications, Employee Data, Procedures Manuals, and more)
- SURS - State Universities Retirement System of Illinois
- McDonough County Senior Services Directory
- CMS Deferred Compensation Plan - supplemental retirement plan open to all full-time state employees