Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
The Billing and Receivables Office compiles the latest information from University offices (i.e. Financial Aid, Registrar’s, and University Housing and Dining) and prepares the monthly billing statement. Billing statements are sent electronically to the student’s wiu.edu e-mail address as well as any parent/guest e-mail on file when the bill is ready to view on STARS. The e-mail will include the account balance and the due date.
Payment Due Dates
Fall semester charges are due August 28th, spring semester charges are due January 28th, and summer semester charges are due June 28th.
After the due date a finance charge of 1% of the account balance is added each month and the student will have a financial encumbrance preventing registration for future semesters and the release of transcripts.
Automated Payment Plan
An automated payment plan is available to divide your cost of attendance into several monthly payments. Payments are deducted monthly on the 5th of the month from the designated bank account. There is not a finance charge assessed on the contracted amount; however, there is a $2.00 per month transaction fee to cover processing. Additional charges incurred above the contracted amount will be billed and subject to a 1% finance charge if not paid by the 28th of each month.
A contract must be completed on STARS by a student or individuals with parent and guest access. Any changes to a completed agreement must be done by the student or guest that originated the contract. Only one contract per semester may be completed for each student.
Make payments directly from your bank account via STARS Payment Online.
Mail your payment (personal check, cashiers check or money order) to the Billing and Receivables Office, 1 University Circle, Macomb IL 61455-1390. Include your student ID number on all payments.
Credit card payments may only be processed through the Illinois Treasurer's Electronic Payment website, www.illinoisepay.com or by calling 1-877-455-3729. They accept MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. There is a convenience fee associated with this service.
Take your payment (cash, personal check, cashiers check or money order) to the University Union Service Center outside of the WIU Bookstore.
International Wire Transfer
Western Illinois University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer allows you to pay from any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard, and you will be notified via email when your payment is received by Western Illinois University.
Please visit http://wiu.peertransfer.com to process your international currency payment through wire transfer.
Personal checks and ACH payments that are accepted by any unit of the University and are returned by the student's bank unpaid are subject to a penalty of $25.00 per each returned payment. The University suspends the check cashing privilege for a minimum of one full year if an individual has more than two payments returned by the bank for any reason.
Sanctions Against Delinquent Accounts
- Transcript and Diploma Hold: If an account becomes past due, transcripts of the student's records will not be released and graduating students who are past due will also have a hold placed upon their diplomas until their account is brought to current status.
- Finance Charge Assessment: Delinquent accounts are subject to a monthly 1% finance charge assessment. This amount is calculated as a part of the monthly billing process on any unpaid amount due.
- Internal Collections: Following the end of each semester, students not registered for the following semester should contact the Billing and Receivables Office to make payment arrangements. If your balance is not paid in full or a payment agreement is not made within 90 days of the end of the semester, a claim will be submitted to the State Comptroller's Office in accordance with the Illinois Collection Act which authorizes the deduction of the amount you owe WIU from an amount normally due to you (i.e. payroll, tax refunds, etc.).
- Attorney/Collection Agency Placement: If payment arrangements are not made on a timely basis, the account may be referred to an attorney and/or collection agency. The account may also be reported to TransUnion credit bureau.
- Registration: Students will not be allowed to register for the current or future term if they have a past-due balance and may be required to prepay for the upcoming term. A student will remain a prepay student for a minimum period of two years.
If you have questions regarding certain items on your bill, please contact the following departments:
|Finance Charge/Billing Address||Billing and Receivables||309-298-1831|
|Financial Aid||Financial Aid Office||309-298-2446|
|Tuition/Fees||Billing and Receivables||309-298-1831|
|Health Center Charges||Beu Health Center||309-298-1888|
|Insurance Fee||Student Health Insurance||309-298-1882|
|Parking Fines||Parking Services||309-298-1921|
|Student ID Card Charges||UHDS||309-298-2461|
Billing and Receivables
1 University Circle
Sherman Hall 106
Macomb IL 61455
Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Phone: (309) 298-1831
Fax: (309) 298-2032
- Tuition & Fees
- Cost Estimator
- Direct Deposit of Refunds
- Education Credits
- College Illinois!
- University Refund/Credit Policy
- Financial Agreement
- Billing Statement Terminology
- Federal Perkins Loan Program