Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Billing Statement Terminology
Below you will find definitions for charges that may appear on your billing statement:
- Access Charge
- Students enrolled in 2-way video courses are assessed a $50 per-credit-hour charge.
- Apartment Rent
- Cost for residing in University Graduate and Family Housing facilities.
- Automatic Plus Refund Disbursement
- A refund ordered by the WIU computer system and disbursed to the Plus Loan borrower.
- Automatic Refund Disbursement
- A refund ordered automatically by the WIU computer system and disbursed to the student.
- Basic Dining Plan
- Meal plan provided to all students who live in the residence halls. .
- Beu Charges
- A charge assessed for visiting Beu Health Center. Beu Health Center does not bill your insurance. However, they do provide all necessary documentation. You are encouraged to save receipts for tax or insurance purposes.
- Beu Processing Charge
- The State of Illinois requires college and university students to provide proof of immunity to Tetanus, Diphtheria, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Undergraduates taking six hours or more and graduate students taking five hours or more at the WIU Macomb or WIU Quad Cities campus must comply with the Illinois Immunization Law. All required immunization information must be submitted and in compliance within the first 30 days of the first semester on campus. Failure to do so will result in a processing charge being assessed.
- Bowling Fee
- Students enrolled in KIN122, Bowling I, are assessed a $50 charge.
- Box Office
- Admission tickets purchased through the box office.
- Cash Payout from Account
- Student was issued a cash refund from Billing and Receivables.
- A parking or traffic violation.
- Contract Release Charge
- Amount charged to a student when breaking their housing contract with University Housing and Dining Services.
- Dining Plan Extra Points
- Dining points can be purchased throughout the semester on STARS or in person at Seal Hall. These points are added to the dining plan balance.
- Distance Learning Charge
- Students enrolled in Internet, Correspondence and Extension courses are assessed a per credit hour charge.
- Double Room
- A regular residence hall room set up for two students.
- Cost associated for services provided by Document and Publication Services.
- Finance Charge
- A finance charge of 1% per month is assessed on the unpaid balance from prior month's billing.
- Golf Fee
- Students enrolled in KIN123, Golf I, are assessed a $50 charge.
- Health Insurance
- Health Insurance is mandatory for all Western Illinois University Macomb campus students who are taking nine semester hours or more during Fall & Spring Semester or six semester hours or more during the Summer session. Check the Student Insurance website or call 309/298-1882 for more information.
- Judicial Fine
- Judicial fines are administered through the student disciplinary process in response to violations to University Policy.
- Key and Lock Service
- A charge for borrowing keys or recoring when keys are lost.
- Landlord Lease Charge
- A charge for violating the housing contract by having unapproved items in a room, such as candles, heating plates, illegal extension cords, or alcohol in a non-alcohol building. These items are listed in the student handbook that is made part of the contract by reference.
- Library Replacement
- The charge assessed for replacement of a library item not returned.
- Microfridge Damages
- A charge for damage to a microfridge unit while it is installed in a student's room. Damages are determined by the condition of the unit when placed in the room according to the microfridge condition report compared to the condition of the unit when removed at the end of the rental period.
- Microfridge Removal
- Charge for canceling a microfridge contract after unit is already installed.
- Microfridge Rental
- Charge to rent a microfridge unit.
- Microfridge Reservation
- Charge to secure a microfridge unit for the academic year or semester. The charge is used to cover part of the rental charge.
- Non-refundable library
- A fine assessed by the Library after notices regarding a past due item have been sent to the student.
- Optional Health Insurance
- Insurance elected by students taking less than nine semester hours or Quad Cities campus classes.
- Orientation Fee
- A non-refundable orientation fee will be assessed the first semester a student enrolls at Western Illinois University. This fee entitles the student to orientation publications, activities and programs.
- Parking Ticket
- A parking or traffic violation.
- Plus Food Points Option 1
- An increase to the starting Purchase Power.
- Plus Food Points Option 2
- An increase to the starting Purchase Power.
- Plus Refund Disbursement
- A refund ordered by the Billing and Receivables Office and disbursed to the Plus Loan borrower.
- Quad Cities Fees
- University fees are mandatory fees charged to all students taking classes at WIU. Fees at WIU-Quad Cities include activity, computer, facility enhancement/life safety, publication, and talent grant. The fee amount is based on your assessment plan. Transit fees are included beginning with Plan N.
- Quad Cities Transit Fee
- A mandatory University fee that allows students to utilize the transit system.
- Quad Cities Tuition
- Assessment per credit hour for instruction in the Quad Cities.
- Readership Program
- A mandatory student housing charge, approved by students living in the residence halls, for access to newspapers. Newspapers currently available are USA Today and McDonough County Voice.
- Reduced University Fees
- University fees are mandatory fees. Students registered nine semester hours or more during Fall & Spring Semester or six semester hours or more during the Summer session for student teaching, internship or overseas experience are granted a 25% reduction in activity, athletic, computer, health center, publication, and transit fees.
- Refund Disbursement
- A refund ordered by the Billing and Receivables Office and disbursed to the student.
- ResNet (Residential Network) Charge
- This is a mandatory student housing charge for internet service in the residence halls. This charge was approved by students living in the residence halls.
- Room Damages
- Damages that occur in a room as determined by the Room Condition Report at check-in and the Room Condition Report at check-out. These damages are charged to the occupant(s) of the room.
- Single Room
- A regular residence hall room set up for one student.
- Student Parking Permit
- Cost for permit to park on campus.
- Super Single Room
- A regular residence hall room set up for one student and has an overstuffed chair instead of the second bed.
- Textbook Rental Charge
- Charge assessed to students whose book rental contract is not fulfilled.
- Transcript Fee
- A non-refundable transcript fee will be assessed to all new matriculating students. This fee entitles the student to unlimited transcripts if the student is not encumbered.
- Assessment per credit hour for instruction.
- Tuition Distance and Outreach
- Assessment per credit hour for instruction of the distance and outreach courses.
- UHDS Damages
- All damages, both floor and hall, that cannot be attributed to an individual(s) in a particular hall or complex.
- University Fees
- University fees are mandatory fees charged to all students taking classes at WIU. Fees at the Macomb campus include activity, athletic, bond revenue, computer lab, facility enhancement/life safety, health center, publication, talent grant and transit. The fee amount is based on your assessment plan.
- UUB Concerts Prod Tickets
- Admission tickets for various social, cultural, recreational and educational activities offered by the University Union Board.
- Visual Production Services
- Cost associated for services provided by Visual Production Services.
- WESTEL Charges
- Cost for the long distance telephone service offered by the University's Telecommunications Office.
Billing and Receivables
1 University Circle
Sherman Hall 106
Macomb IL 61455
Hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Phone: (309) 298-1831
Fax: (309) 298-2032
- Tuition & Fees
- Cost Estimator
- Direct Deposit of Refunds
- Education Credits
- College Illinois!
- University Refund/Credit Policy
- Financial Agreement
- Billing Statement Terminology
- Federal Perkins Loan Program