University Union Services
The University Union and the various operations it houses provide the campus community with a wide variety of services.
- Union Service Center
- University Union Guest Rooms
- Office of Conference and Event Services
- University Bookstore
- Dining Areas
- Recreation Areas
- Office of Student Activities
The Union Service Center
The Union Service Center sells bus tickets as well as provides a check cashing service for students, faculty, and staff of the University. The maximum amount of a check cashed is $100.50 per check (which includes a $.50 check-cashing charge) unless otherwise approved by the supervisor on duty. Students, faculty, and staff must have a current valid WIU identification card.
University Union Guest Rooms
University Union Guest Rooms function as a service facility in meeting various needs of the University campus and the community. 29 rooms are available to provide overnight accommodations. Call the guest room supervisor at the Union Service Center for rates and reservations.
Office of Conference and Event Services
The Office of Conference and Event Services (OCES) in the University Union schedules events in the Union, Western Hall, and Conference facilities, as well as all non-athletic outdoor events. The events range from daily meetings and activities to camps and conferences, wedding receptions, and banquets. The office works closely with many campus departments to ensure that each event showcases the campus of Western Illinois University.
The University Bookstore sells textbooks, paperbacks, books by Western Illinois University authors, reference works, study guides, teaching aids, computer software and accessories, and a complete line of office and art supplies, cards, and stationery, Western Illinois University souvenirs and gifts, electronic equipment, and sportswear. The Bookstore will also special order any book in print.
Course books may be returned the first twelve days of the Fall and Spring semesters or the first seven days of the Summer semester if the purchaser has the original receipt.
- Textbook Orders
All textbook information for Western Illinois University courses must be submitted to the University Union Bookstore on the University Bookstore Textbook order form. This form is to be completed by the instructor, approved by the department chairperson and forwarded to the Bookstore according to the following schedule:
- Summer Session - between February 15 and September 1
- Fall Semester - between February 15 and September 25
- Spring Semester - between September 26 and March 1
The Bookstore is available at the QC campus three times per semester to sell textbooks to Quad Cities students. For information about textbook sale & return dates and times, contact Quad Cities Office of Academic & Student Services, 309.762-9481.
The Food Court includes the following dining areas:
- Sbarro - Enjoy our dining area while you have pizza, pasta, or other menu choises from Sbarro.
- Burger King: 298-1999 - Burger King is located off the concourse on the Union's ground floor and offers fast food service of favorite burgers, sandwiches, fries, salads, beverages, and breakfast items. This area has long been a favorite gathering place for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- 1864 Bistro: 298-1292 - Located in the Lamoine Room, a more traditional dining experience with a varied menu is offered. Reservations can be made by calling 298-1292. Walk-ins are welcome.
- One Stop Rocky Shop: 298-1292 - THE ONE STOP ROCKY SHOP is a convenience store with groceries, sundries, over-the-counter medications and a large selection of great tasting items that you can "eat on the run".
General Manager of Dining Services: 298-1292
University Union Food Service Office: 298-1292
Food Service in the University Union shall be exclusively provided and administered by Sodexo Campus Services. Reservations may be made with Sodexo Campus Services, located on the first floor, northwest corner, of the University Union.
The final number attending the food service event must be confirmed at least 72 hours in advance. The charge for meals is based on this guaranteed number. Prices quoted are exclusive of sales tax. Gratuities are not expected.
The Billiards Room is located on the basement level of the Union. This facility provides electronic games, billiards tables and an area for scheduled entertainment.
Office of Student Activities
Professional staff in the Office of Student Activities provide students with practical, educational, and leadership experiences that compliment their traditional classroom education by providing assistance to individual students and student organizations in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of their cultural, social, and educational programs and services.