Holiday Year-End Administrative Closure
TO: University Colleagues
Jack Thomas, President
Kathleen Neumann, Interim Provost and Academic VP
Matthew Bierman, Interim VP for Administrative Services
Ronald Williams, Interim VP for Student Services
Brad Bainter, VP for Advancement and Public Services
Joe Rives, VP for Quad Cities and Planning
The following is the 2016-2017 holiday schedule for eligible employees:
|Monday, December 26, 2016||Holiday|
|Tuesday, December 27, 2016||Holiday|
|Wednesday, December 28, 2016||Administrative Closure|
|Thursday, December 29, 2016||Administrative Closure|
|Friday, December 30, 2016||Holiday|
|Monday, January 2, 2017||Holiday|
In 2016, eligible employees will receive time off with pay for eleven holidays, including two days for Christmas and two days for New Year's, as described in the Board of Trustee's Regulations. In addition, two administrative closure days will be granted with pay to non-negotiated employees. Employees in positions covered by collective bargaining agreements will observe the holiday period as agreed in their respective contracts.
- The University will be closed to the public December 24, 2016 through January 2, 2017.
- Only employees providing essential services (e.g., Heating Plant, Public Safety) will be required to work as assigned during this period.
- A list of employees required to work in the essential services areas during the period of December 24 through January 2 must be submitted to the appropriate vice president prior to closure.
- If an employee must work on December 28 or 29 overtime will not be incurred and alternative arrangements for equivalent time off should be made with the supervisor. December 28 and 29 will be reflected on the electronic time system with a plus sign (+) in the "other hours" section.
- Employees will not be granted any additional release time with pay in conjunction with this period. Absences from work with pay for any part of the day before or after this period shall be subject to the University's leave regulations.
Questions regarding the University shutdown should be directed to the Human Resources department at 298-1971.
Vice President for Administrative Services
Sherman Hall 200
*Some links will take the user to a PDF file, which may not be accessible to people with disabilities. If you find you need further assistance with a specific file, contact the office of the Vice President of Administrative Services at 309/298-1800.