Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Advancement & Public Services
University Marketing's Responsibilities
- Establish and promote a consistent brand for Western Illinois University.
- Develop and promote a design and messaging strategy that supports the University’s brand and conveys the University’s market advantage (and/or point(s) of differentiation) through partnerships with Admissions, University Relations, Document and Publication Services (DPS), and the Internet Technology Advisory Committee (iTAC).
- Communicate the administration’s marketing philosophy and priorities while integrating the University’s brand and messaging strategies across the Macomb and Quad Cities campuses. One of the main ways this is achieved is through the monthly University Marketing Working Group (UMWG) meetings, plus monthly group and one-on-one meetings with the college marketers. This forum is also a time to keep the campus marketers abreast of national marketing trends. University Marketing does this in a variety of ways, such as hosting webinars per the request of UMWG members.
- Serve as a professional marketing resource for units across both campuses through committee service, and individual and/or group consults.
- Manage the University’s trademark and licensing program to safeguard the integrity of the University’s brand and identifiers for both on-campus entities and off-campus manufactures.
- Communicate and integrate the University’s brand and messaging strategies to our internal (on-campus) audience in addition to our external (off-campus) audience of prospective students and their parents, alumni, and donors through a variety of promotional mediums.
- Promote Western Illinois University and its Macomb campus locally, regionally and nationally.
- Provide K-12 teachers and students with WIU promotional materials when requested such as WIU pennants, window decals, and viewbooks.
- LRG Licensing
- "Think Purple" Survey
- University Marketing Working Group
- Trademark Overview
Trademark Request Form
- Visual Identity Guidelines
- Official Logos/Wordmarks
Logo Creation Policy
- Table Drapes
- University Relations Media Guide
303B Sherman Hall
Phone: (309) 298-1868