The Marketing/External Alliance of IT Governance
The Marketing/External Alliance (indicated in green on the accompanying diagram) evaluates IT-related ideas submitted by the WIU community that impact the marketing and external affairs of the University. This is a working group that considers ideas and develops formal proposals that it submits to the IT Governance Council. The alliance may work directly with individuals who submitted ideas to formalize these proposals, IT technical resources in University Technology, AIMS, and ESS, and it may also need to reach out to vendors during this process. While some of its work is conducted outside of meetings, the University community is invited to attend when the group meets as an alliance. It also keeps the University community informed of its work and decisions by recording and publishing notes and minutes. One of its co-chairs also serves as a member of the Executive Committee.
Areas of the University that directly benefit from the work of the Marketing/External Alliance include:
• Advancement and Public Services
• University Television
• Foundation Office
• Visual Productions
• Web Services
• CAIT (i.e., interfaces with existing University systems, development of mobile apps, etc.)
The Marketing/External Alliance is composed of a representative from the President's Office (appointed by the President), one member from each of the five VP areas (appointed by their respective VPs) and one faculty member (appointed by the Faculty Senate). The student government associations also collaborate to appoint a graduate and undergraduate student.
- Teresa Koltzenburg, University Relations, representing Advancement and Public Services
- Tami Seitz, WIU QC Administration, representing Quad Cities and Planning
- Walt McGath, Beu Health Center, representing Student Services
- Mandeep Singh, VP Academic Affairs/Provost representative
- Binto George, Computer Science, representing CIT (term ends Fall 2019)
- Undergraduate Student, (awaiting appointment by SGAs)
- Graduate Student (awaiting appointment by SGAs)
Area experts from various areas also support the alliance in an advisory capacity and participate in meetings as needed. These include but are not limited to the following.
- Marketing Directors
- Foundation Officers
- WIU Webmaster
- Technical Reps/Contacts
- uTech Directors/staff
Questions? Click here to send an email to
Alliance Meeting Information
The University community is invited to attend all IT Governance meetings. You can also view the Alliance's minutes and notes by clicking on the link provided below.