IT Governance Council
At the start of the Spring 2014 semester, the IT Governance Council became the top level IT Governance body at Western Illinois University. The Council (indicated in green in the accompanying schematic) receives proposals from its three working groups (called Alliances) via the Executive Committee. The Council will determine which proposals should move forward. After prioritizing them, the Council may choose to implement all of the proposals, some of them, or none of them.
At their meeting in November 2013, the President's Leadership Team decided that they, along with the CIO, the Budget Director and University's legal counsel, will comprise the IT Governance Council membership. The President's Leadership Team traditionally has made all major IT funding decisions for the University; and therefore, they felt that they have been performing the Council's role in the past.
Membership of the IT Governance Council
- Dr. Jack Thomas, President
- Dr. Kathleen Neumann, Interim Provost and Academic Vice President
- Mr. Brad Bainter, Vice President for Advancement and Public Services
- Dr. Ronald Williams, Interim Vice President for Student Services
- Dr. Joseph A. Rives, Vice President, Quad Cities and Planning
- Mr. Stephen Frazier, CIO
- Mr. Matt Bierman, Interim Vice President for Administrative Services and Budget Director
- Rica Calhoun, Legal Counsel
Questions? Click here to send an email to AskITGov@wiu.edu.
Council Meeting Information
The University community is invited to attend IT Governance meetings. Each committee also publishes their minutes for those unable to attend.