University Union Board
Schedule of Events
Family Day Activities for Saturday, September 10 2016
Chair Massage by Tammy
- 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, On-site, licensed massage therapist, Tammy Jo Miller offers soothing massage for $1.00/minute; cash, check, debit or credit, or Rocky Dollars accepted at Spencer Student Recreation Center, Colgate Room.
- Call the Campus Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228 ext. 221 or 222 to schedule an appointment.
Leatherneck Game Day Tailgating
- Southwest corner of Q Lot
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Enjoy socializing with the Leatherneck Nation! Spots are first-come, first-served. No glass containers. Clean up is required.
Family Day T-Shirt Sales Table
- Hanson Field grounds, near the tall flags
- 12PM - 3:00PM.
- Information, directions and t-shirt sales with the University Union Board, sponsors of Family Day. See t-shirt sample in the Family Day main page listing.
- T-shirt prices: Youth-XL $10/2XL-3XL $12
Leatherneck Football: WIU Leathernecks vs. Northern Arizona
Suggested Activities for Sunday, September 11
Brunch in the Halls!
- Thompson or Corbin/Olson Hall dining centers.
- See Campus Map for locations.
- 11:00AM - 1:30PM
- Cash and student cards accepted ONLY.
- Sodexo Campus Services provides an a la carte Sunday brunch with something for everyone. Family Day menu
Macomb Area Restaurants serving Breakfast:
- Macomb Family Diner, West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-3PM
- The Red Ox, 1302 West Jackson Street, serving from 11AM-2PM
- Rocky's Bar & Grill, 1402 West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-2PM
- Sunrise Family Restaurant, 307 East University Drive, serving breakfast from 6AM-11PM
Ball Fore Family Fun
- US HWY 136, west of Macomb.
- Call 309-836-9741 for hours.
- Offering mini-golf at $5 per person; batting cages at $1 per token for 12 pitches; golf driving range at $5 per bucket of balls; free sand volleyball court and basketball court. All equipment available.
Spring Lake Park On Your Own Activities
- Located 2 miles North of Macomb & Western Illinois University on Route 67 West. Take a left on Spring Lake Road and go 1.8 miles. Entrance is on the right.
- 5:30AM – 10:00PM
- Enjoy the quaint setting by a 230 acre lake stocked with numerous fish and where you don't need a reservation to camp. Amenities include: two boat launches, bait, ice, firewood, canoe, row boat rentals, horseshoe pit, hiking/biking trails, and playground.