University Union Board
Schedule of Events
Family Day Activities for Saturday, September 13
Family Day Leisure Activities
- Scheduled from 11:00am-1:00pm
- Free face painting, giant pong, backboard-less basketball, ladder gold, and bags.
- East Lawn of the Spencer Student Recreation Center
WIU Art Gallery host Exhibitions at the University Art Gallery
- Scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- "Perceptions: Exploring Self & Identity through Art & Writing"
- "Etty Yaniv: Variable States of Suspension"
- For more information, visit wiu.edu/artgallery.
Chair Massage by Tammy
- 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, On-site, licensed massage therapist, Tammy Jo Miller offers soothing massage for $1.00/minute; cash, check, debit or credit, or Rocky Dollars accepted at Spencer Student Recreation Center, Colgate Room.
- Call the Camps Recreation Office at (309) 298-1228 ext. 221 or 222 to schedule an appointment.
Leatherneck Game Day Tailgating
- Southwest corner of Q Lot
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
- Enjoy socializing with the Leatherneck Nation! Spots are first-come, first-served. No glass containers. Clean up is required.
Family Day T-Shirt Sales Table
- Hanson Field grounds, near the tall flags
- 11AM - 3:00PM.
- Information, directions and t-shirt sales with the University Union Board, sponsors of Family Day. See t-shirt sample in the Family Day main page listing.
- T-shirt prices: XS-XL $9/2XL-3XL $10
Student Assistance and Parent Service Center (SAPSC)
- Hanson Field grounds
- Stop by the SAPSC table for free popcorn and information on how to join the Parent Association.
Family Day Picnic
- Under the big tent and grills north of Hanson Field
- 12:00PM - 3:00PM (or before)
- Free meals, 1 per person, until the supply runs out. Enjoy standard picnic fare with your choice of hot dogs or hamburgers with chips, cookie and canned sodas. Veggie burgers available upon request.
Tailgating Main Stage Concert: Rick Springfield
- West Q Lot Festival Stage
- 1:15PM - 2:30PM
- Free Admission
- The University Union Board is proud to present a free concert featuring legendary rocker, Rick Springfield! Hear such hits as "Jessie's Girl", "I've Done Everything for You", "Don't Talk To Strangers", and more.
Leatherneck Football: WIU Leathernecks vs. Drake Bulldogs
Suggested Activities for Sunday, September 14
Brunch in the Halls!
- Thompson or Corbin/Olson Hall dining centers.
- See Campus Map for locations.
- 11:00AM - 1:30PM
- Cash and student cards accepted ONLY.
- Sodexo Campus Services provides an a la carte Sunday brunch with something for everyone. Family Day menu
Macomb Area Restaurants serving Breakfast:
- Macomb Family Diner, West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-3PM
- The Red Ox, 1302 West Jackson Street, serving from 11AM-2PM
- Rocky's Bar & Grill, 1402 West Jackson Street, serving from 7AM-2PM
- Sunrise Family Restaurant, 307 East University Drive, serving breakfast from 6AM-11PM
Ball Fore Family Fun
- US HWY 136, west of Macomb.
- Call 309-836-9741 for hours.
- Offering mini-golf at $5 per person; batting cages at $1 per token for 12 pitches; golf driving range at $5 per bucket of balls; free sand volleyball court and basketball court. All equipment available.
Horn Field Campus Outdoor Fun
- Located off Johnson Street, one mile south of Macomb. Follow Signs.
- Directions and maps available online through the RPTA Department contact page.
- Call 309-833-5798 or visit www.wiu.edu/hfc for more information.
- 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Open house at the Horn Field Challenge Course.
Spring Lake Park On Your Own Activities
- Located 2 miles North of Macomb & Western Illinois University on Route 67 West. Take a left on Spring Lake Road and go 1.8 miles. Entrance is on the right.
- 5:30AM – 10:00PM
- Enjoy the quaint setting by a 230 acre lake stocked with numerous fish and where you don't need a reservation to camp. Amenities include: two boat launches, bait, ice, firewood, canoe, row boat rentals, horseshoe pit, hiking/biking trails, and playground.