Orientation Team Leadership Description
Be a Part of The Orientation Team
Assist with Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR) programs,
New Student Registration programs, and Fall Orientation
- Assist new students and their families in their Western Illinois University transition.
- Join 17 other selected student leaders for a fun, challenging, and memorable experience.
- Gain valuable career-enhancing leadership experience.
- Receive compensation along with room and board during SOAR programs.
- Serve as a guide and resource person for incoming students and families during SOAR.
- Present and facilitate small group sessions and discussions.
- Lead campus tours.
- Assist with physical set up and tear down of programs and activities (capable of lifting up to 50 pounds).
- Guide and direct students and their families to various campus locations.
- Live in an assigned Western Illinois University residence hall during SOAR with the new students.
- Observe and address student behavior to enforce all rules, regulations, safety, and discipline in the residence hall.
- Facilitate emergency plans and procedures.
- Be confident and assertive in addressing students and their families.
- Play an active role in Fall Orientation.
- Enrollment at Western Illinois University for the upcoming fall semester.
- Minimum 2.500 GPA and positive judicial standing at the time of application and maintain throughout tenure of position.
- General knowledge of Western Illinois University resources.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead tours of campus, escort students and families around campus, and assist with physical set up and tear down of programs and activities (capable of lifting up to 50 pounds).
- Availability for training, Summer Orientation and Registration programs, New Student Registration programs, and Fall Orientation, and other programs as needed. (Please review dates of commitments located in application packet.)
Application & Selection Process
Applications for the 2015 Orientation Team are now available on PurplePost!
**DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications are due Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 by 4:30pm**
Group Interviews will take place February 9th-11th, 2015. Applicants will sign-up for an interview by stopping by Sherman 115 or calling 309-298-3157, following the submission of their application.
Individual Interviews (by invitation ONLY) will take place February 25th-27th and March 2nd-4th.
Interest Sessions will take place:
Wednesday, February 4th, 2015 - 5:00pm - Algonquin Room, University Union
- E-mail email@example.com or call (309) 298-3157 for any questions.