Summer 2014 Orientation Schedule
Welcome New Freshmen and New Transfer Students!
Welcome! At Western Illinois University, we challenge you to take advantage of the premier undergraduate opportunities and resources available. You will experience a true residential campus, a dynamic student activities program, and first-rate faculty who will challenge your mind and test your assumptions. You will be encouraged not only to answer questions, but to continually seek new information and challenge your current way of thinking. At Western Illinois University, you will have the chance to explore new opportunities, make life-long friendships, serve your school and community, and celebrate your discoveries, joys, and triumphs! Let the learning begin!
Program Overview for Student and Family/Guest
- Students are required to stay overnight in the residence hall and will be paired with another new student.
- Families/guests have an option of staying overnight in the residence hall or making their own arrangements to stay off campus. Families will be assigned to their own room. Fees are included. See the Fees page for details.
- Program check-in will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the Corbin/Olson residence hall.
- Program will end on day two around 4 p.m.
- Breakfast and Lunch on day two are provided.
- Dinner on day one is on your own. On-campus dining will be available until 6:30 p.m. It is CASH ONLY.
Schedule Overview for Student and Family/Guest
- Check-in begins at 5:30pm in the Corbin/Olson residence hall.
- Welcome begins at 7:00pm in the Grand Ballroom, in the University Union.
- Day 1 programming will end at approximately 11:00pm.
- Breakfast begins at 7:00am in the Corbin/Olson Dining Center.
- Orientation programming 8:00am to approximately 4:00pm
- Placement Testing
- Information Sessions
- Course Registration
- Participate in math and English placement exercises
- Meet with academic advisors
- Register for fall classes
- Learn about campus resources and services
- Receive WIU student ID card
- Experience life in a residence hall environment
- Interact with other students
- Become familiar with academic and advising processes
- Attend family orientation sessions
- Learn about how to adjust to common transition issues faced by students and families
- Gather information about campus resources and services
- Meet other family members and share common experiences
Sherman Hall 115
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3157
Fax: (309) 298-3111
- June 3 - 4 (Tue/Wed)
- June 6 - 7 (Fri/Sat)
- June 10 - 11 (Tue/Wed)
- June 13 - 14 (Fri/Sat)
- June 17 - 18 (Tue/Wed)
- June 23 - 24 (Mon/Tue
- June 26- 27 (Thurs/Fri)
- July 8 - 9 (Tue/Wed)
- July 10 - 11 (Thur/Fri)
- July 18 - 19 (Fri/Sat)