Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Counseling Center
What is Ulifeline?
Ulifeline is an anonymous, Internet-based resource created by the Jed Foundation, that provides students with a non-threatening and supportive link to their college mental health center. Ulifeline uniquely combines the following features into one web site and serves as students' one-stop online resource for mental health information. Ulifeline complements and enhances the existing offerings of your mental health center.
- Self-e-Valuator. Developed by Duke University Medical Center, the Self e-Valuator is a screening program designed to help students uncover whether they, or a friend, are at risk for depression, suicide, and several other disorders, including alcohol and drug dependence, eating disorders, generalized anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Mental Health Reference Library. The mental health reference library provides quality, user-friendly information that has been reviewed and approved by leading medical experts at Harvard Medical School.
- Go Ask Alice! Produced by health educators at Columbia University, this in-depth health question-and-answer Internet site contains an archive of hundreds of responses to anonymously-posed inquiries from college students worldwide.
- Concerned about a Friend. This section, provided by the National Mental Health Association, describes the warning signs for depression and suicide, includes information regarding how to help a friend, and lists resources for additional assistance.
- Drug Reference Database. The drug reference database provides information about prescription medications, potential drug interactions, as well as common side effects.
- Free for students
- Personal and anonymous
- Designed specifically for college students
- Easily accessed 24-7
Visit www.ulifeline.org and check it out.
Once there, click "Student Log-In," choose the state your school is in, choose the school you attend, and click on the Log-In button. This will get you to the main page, where you can explore the site.