2013-2014 Food and Drink: Mind, Body and Soul
Chef Jeff Henderson - Award-winning Chef, Motivational Speaker, New York Times best-selling Author, and Food Network television personality
2012-2013 War and Peace: From Personal Conflict to Global Resolution
- Haider Hamza -Iraqi journalist, scholar and activist. He lived through the 2003 US-led invasioni of his country with his family near Babylon, South of Baghdad
- Arun Gandhi - "Lessons Learned from My Grandfather: Non-Violence in a Violent World"
- Peter Bergen - "MANHUNT: The Ten-Year Search for Bin Laden -- from 9/11 to Abbottabad"
- Joseph Sebarenzi - Former Head of the Rwanda Parliament & Genocide Survivor. "A message of Peace & Reconciliation"
2011-2012 Science & Technology: Discover, Innovate, Create
- Leroy Chiao - Astronaut and former Commander of the International Space Station, Director of the Challenger Center
- Dr. Gary Telgenhoff - Forensic Pathologist: "Speak for You - The Real Vegas CSI
- Dr. Sherry Turkle: "Alone Together: Why We Expect More From Technology and Less From Each Other"
2010-2011 Teaching and Learning for a New Era
- Anya Kamenetz: "DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education
- Michael Wesch: "From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-Able"
- President Al Goldfarb: "Last Lecture"
- Jean Twenge: "Why Today's Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled-and More Miserable Than Ever Before"
2009-2010 Dollars and Sense: Personal Finance to World Poverty
- Barbara Ehrenreich: Author of Nickel and Dimed
- James Scurlock: Director, Producer, Writer and Financial Adviser, presented his award-winning documentary "Maxed Out"
- Vandana Shiva: "Sustainability and the Global Food Crisis
- Peter Bielagus: America's Financial Educator
2008-2009 Health and Wellness: Challenges and Responsibilities
- Koren Zailckas, Author of Smashed
- Kevin Roberts, The Food Dude
- Dr. Joan Borysenko: A Pioneer in Integrative Medicine and a world-renowned expert in the mind/body connection
- Dr. Jean Kilbourne: Internationally recognized speaker for her pioneering work on alcohol and tobacco advertising and the image of women in advertising
- Dr. Drew Pinsky: Loveline with Dr. Drew
- Zen Gray: Featured on Season 1 & 2 of "Work Out", Bravo TV's docu-drama on the lives of personal trainers
2007-2008 Global Challenges & Personal Responsibilities: Environmental Sustainability
- Robert Kennedy Jr.: Our Enviromental Destiny
- Ed Begley Jr.: Living Green with Ed
- Richard Louv: Author of "Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficity Disorder
- James Thebaut: Writer, Producer presented his documentary, "Running Dry"
2006-2007 Global Challenges & Personal Responsibilities: Cultural Diversity
- Danny Glover: The Role of Arts in Community Activism
- Linda Chavez, Chair of the Center for Equal Opportunity: "The Truth and Consequences of Cultural Differences"
- Byron Hurt, Creator and Producer of Beyond Beats and Rhymes
- Helen Thomas, former White House Bureau Chief: Member of Panel Discussion, "The News Media's Impact on Shaping Our Perceptions of Culture and Diversity
- Mark Ridolfi, Editorial Page Editor at the Quad City Times: Member of Panel Discussion: "The News Media's Impact on Shaping Our Perceptions of Culture and Diversity
- Clarence Page, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist: Member of Panel Discussion: "The News Media's Impact on Shaping Our Perceptions of Culture and Diversity
- Pam Huey, WIU Alumna: Member of Panel Discussion: "The News Media's Impact on Shaping Our Perceptions of Culture and Diversity
- Reza Aslan: "No god but God: The Origins, Evolution, and Future of Islam"
- P.M. Forni, Author of Choosing Civility