Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Student Development Office
Placement of Posters and Other Advertising
Permission for outside displays (i.e., banners, sign boards) must be requested through Landscape Maintenance in the Physical Plant buildings. Inquiries should be directed to the University Union Scheduling and Event Services office. Responsible organizations will be assessed for any damages.
Check-Cashing Service–Union Service Center
Personal checks up to $100.50 may be cashed at the University Union according to the following conditions:
- The check must be drawn by the person cashing the check or drawn payable to the person cashing the check.
- There is a 50-cent check-cashing charge. The student/faculty/staff cashing a check must present a valid WIU ID card.
- WIU payroll checks and WIU refund checks have a $300 limit on amount of cash returned. Any excess may be applied to student's account. Both payroll and WIU refund checks are cashed free of charge.
- No universal or counter checks are acceptable. Traveler's checks are honored with proper identification.
- Each check must include the person's local address, phone number, and WIU ID number.
- Checks returned to the University for any reason are returned to the Billing and Receivables Office, Sherman Hall 106. The handling charge for each check is $25 (subject to change).
- Check-cashing hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m., and Sunday, 10:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Two-Party Check-Cashing Policy–Union Service Center
- Two-party checks are checks that are made out to a student or staff member.
- A valid WIU student/staff ID card is required from the person who is cashing the check. There is a 50-cent check cashing charge. Dollar limits are $100.50 for personal checks and $300.50 for payroll checks other than WIU payroll checks.
- In all cases, the address of the endorser must be shown. Also, the endorser must include his or her WIU ID number and phone number.
- The endorser of the two-party check will be informed at the time the check is presented that he or she is responsible for that check. If the check is returned for any reason, the endorser is liable for the amount of the check and any handling charges assessed.
Checks Returned to the University
If a student writes a check to the University and the check is returned to the school for any reason, there will be a $25 service charge. The third bad check received from an individual will result in the loss of check cashing privileges for one calendar year.
- How to Use This Handbook
- WIU - Quad Cities
- Academic Assistance
- Academic Programs
- People, Places, and Services
- Academic Calendar
Organizations And Activities
- Student Organization Center
- Major Governing Organizations
- Programming Organizations
- Honorary Organizations
- Intercollegiate Athletics
- Performing & Visual Arts Opportunities
Policies And Procedures
- Code of Student Conduct
- Governing Board Statement on Disruption
- Discrimination Complaint Procedures
- Policy on Services for Students with Disabilities
- Anti-Harassment Policy
- Policy Statement on Sexual Assault
- Policy on Nondiscrimination and Reasonable Accommodation of Student's Religious Observances
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy
- Smoking/Tobacco Use Policy
- Policy on Access to and Release of Student Information
- Administrative Withdrawal Procedure
- Scheduling of University Facilities
- Scheduling Procedures
- Policy Concerning the Scheduling and Use of Western Hall
- Regulations Governing the Appearance of Off-Campus Speakers Invited by Recognized Student and Faculty Groups
- Administration of Bond Revenue Buildings
- Policy Governing Major Student Organizations
- Grades and Class Attendance
- Grade Appeal Policy
- Student Academic Integrity Policy
- University Fundraising and Gift Guidelines
- Trademark Licensing Program
- Immunization Requirement
- Other Policies