Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Student Development and Orientation
Directions to Campus
Western Illinois University's residential campus is located in Macomb, Illinois, at the hub of Highways 67 (north-south) and 136 (east-west).
From the Chicago area: Travel west on I-88 or I-80.
- On I-88W, take exit #1A to I-74 east to Peoria.
- On I-80 W, take exit I-74 east to Peoria.
- On I-74 east, exit #46A to U.S. 34 west to Galesburg/Monmouth.
- At Monmouth, take Highway 67 south, 30 miles to Macomb.
- Amtrak provides swift, affordable rail service from Chicago to Macomb with nine stops en route.
From St. Louis and other points south: Take U.S. 67 north to Macomb or take I-70 west or U.S. 40/61 north to U.S. 61 north.
- At Hannibal, take U.S. 36 east to I-172/U.S. 336 north to Carthage, to U.S. 136 east to Macomb.
- From eastern Illinois: Find the most convenient route to U.S. 136 and travel west to Macomb.
|Bloomington/Normal||2 hours||Ft. Madison, IA||1 hour|
|Burlington, IA||1 hour||Keokuk, IA||1 hour|
|Carbondale||5 hours||Peoria||1.5 hours|
|Campaign/Urbana||2.5 hours||Quad Cities||1.5 hours|
|Chicago||4 hours||Quincy||1.25 hours|
|Chicago North Suburbs||4.5 hours||Rockford||3.5 hours|
|Chicago South/West Suburbs||3.5 hours||Springfield||1.5 hours|
|Effingham||3.75 hours||St. Louis, MO||3 hours|