Office of Student Activities
Student Organization Registration
Student Organizations register with the Office of Student Activities to ensure they are recognized by the University and can receive important resources that help ensure the success of their organizations. Every active student organization is required to re-register on PurplePost 2.0 every Spring. This ensures officer and advisor information, organization constitutions, and other important information about the organization is regularly updated.
Re-Registration for 2016-2017 IS NOW CLOSED
Registration for the 2016-2017 academic year will open again in the fall: August 22-September 9 on PurplePost 2.0
. Any active student organizations that did not complete registration in Spring 2016 and any new student organizations may complete registration at this time. Only officers of the organization (not general members or advisors) may complete the registration form, and the WIU Faculty/Staff Advisor will be asked to complete an Advisor Agreement.
Here are detailed instructions for STUDENTS to help complete the registration process, including a list of important information needed to complete the registration form.
Here is a quick step guide for both students and advisors to follow for the registration process:
- Student officer logs into PurplePost 2.0 using their Ecom login, goes to "Organizations" tab on Western Illinois University community home page, and clicks green “Register New Organization” button on page
- Student officer completes registration form
- Faculty/Staff Advisor receives email asking them to review student’s registration form and complete Advisor Agreement form with their contact info and students' info
- Staff member from the Office of Student Activities reviews registration and Advisor Agreement to ensure they are completed correctly
- Student officer and Advisor will receive messages indicating whether their registration and Advisor Agreement were approved, denied, or re-opened for them to make more changes
- Once an organization's registration has been approved, a portal will be created for the organization on PurplePost 2.0, and the student whom submitted the registration and the Advisor will be administrators for the portal
Registering a New Student Organization
New organizations may register on PurplePost 2.0 at any time. It is highly recommended students and/or advisors looking to start a new organization meet with a staff member from the Office of Student Activities to review the requirements and benefits of being a registered student organization: email the Office of Student Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-298-3232 to set up a meeting.
Here is a list of basic requirements for new student organizations to register:
- At least 6 student members; including a President and a Treasurer that are not the same person
- WIU Faculty/Staff Advisor
- Constitution; refer to this sample constitution
- Students should refer to these instructions when completing registration; the WIU Faulty/Staff Advisor may refer to these instructions when assisting with registration
If you have any questions or concerns about the registration process, please call 309-298-3232 or email email@example.com. For additional information about the Office of Student Activities, visit our website.
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879