Office of Student Activities
Leadership at OSA
Leadership Programs provide a wide variety of programs, services, and experiences that assist WIU students in the exploration and development of their leadership abilities, and their preparation to become active participants in the community. The program offers classes, workshops, resources, and activities that complement the co-curricular experience of the WIU students. Involvement in the campus and local community creates an appreciation of service and emphasizes the importance of being interconnected with groups and individuals.
Western offers a variety of programs throughout the year that are open to all students. These programs expose students to a wide range of experiences that promote leadership, development and personal growth. Should you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the Office of Student Activities or call 298-3232.
Take advantage of leadership opportunities and become empowered to shape the future!
You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life; at some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.
Rocky Unleashed is an eight week interactive program that takes place each semester. It is peer led and discusses issues leaders face on campus while working on building your individual leadership style. This is an opportunity to build the skills necessary for student leadership at Western Illinois University. Topics explored includes: Leadership, Teams, Values, Time Priority Management, Conflict, Collaboration, Student Branding, and Citizenship. The Office of Student Activities takes great pride in sponsoring this program at Western Illinois University.
Blue Key - "Serving I Live"
Blue Key is an honorary fraternity for junior, senior, and graduate students who have combined academic achievement and co-curricular involvement. The purpose of Blue Key is to recognize and honor upper division students who have shown outstanding qualities of scholarship, service, and leadership. To be eligible you must have at least a 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average. The Western Illinois University Chapter of Blue Key was chartered during the 1963-64 academic year. Blue Key continues to be an integral part of the University, striving to provide incentives for students in leadership positions and seeking to honor those who have excelled in service to the University and community. For more information contact the Office of Student Activities 298-3232.
Leadership Resource Library
The Office of Student Activities houses a resource library that provides a variety of information on leadership, organization development, advising, and personal growth. Books, periodicals, games, videos, files and simulations are made available to students and staff. Most materials can be checked out on a short-term basis. For more information, please stop by the Office of Student Activities.
Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
Since 1934, Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges has furthered the aims of higher education by recognizing individual academic excellence, leadership and service on a national level. Students' selection will be based on scholarship, participation and leadership in academic and extra-curricular activities, and overall service to the University and community.
Full-time juniors, seniors and graduate students with at least a 3.0 cumulative Grade Point Average are eligible to apply.
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 WIU Students recognized with this prestigious honor!
- Angela S Bahr, senior, biology
- Christopher K Busker, recreation, park, and tourism administration graduate student
- Heather J. Carlberg, senior, recreation, park, and tourism administration
- Sidney R Colbert, junior, social work
- Cassandra V Combs, junior, finance
- Spencer L Cotton, junior, management
- KeJuan J Crump, senior, law enforcement and justice administration
- Anna C Dahlstrom, junior, family and consumer sciences
- Hayley E Delia, junior, communication
- Michelle M Dumele, senior, english
- Alex M Gleason, senior, law enforcement and justice administration
- Juliana D Goodman, senior, english
- Victoria L Kappel, junior, communication sciences and disorders
- Skyler W King, senior, graphic communication
- Ben Joel Lampere, senior, computer science
- Courtney Elizabeth Loos, senior, management
- Ashley M Luke, junior, political science
- Ayesha J Montgomery, senior, political science
- Randy J Moore, senior, sociology
- Michaela S Nelson, senior, athletic training
- Liza C Nicol, senior, recreation, park and tourism administration
- Victoria D Niemann, senior, journalism
- Ste'Phan A Nolla, senior, engineering technology
- Megan L Pazdernick, senior, management
- Kellie L Raddatz, senior, family and consumer sciences
- Joshua S Smith, senior, geology
- Devin P Stumpf, senior, social work
- Kevin E Thomas, junior, african american studies
- Hila A Tieman, senior, history
- Nicole J Van Horn, senior, law enforcement and justice administration
- Kylie J Wilson, senior, communication
- Kyle L Wiseman, senior, law enforcement and justice administration
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-3232
Fax: (309) 298-2879