Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I go to get my ID?
- Seal Hall front office, Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Student Development Office in the University Union., Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM.
What do I need to obtain my ID?
- You must be currently registered to get a University ID card
- Employees must have paperwork fully processed through Human Resources prior to processing an ID card
- A valid government issued Photo ID is required at the time of processing your student ID. Valid forms include U.S. Driver License, DMV State ID, Passport, Military ID, or Permanent Resident Card.
What are the photo requirements & restrictions for my WIU ID Card?
All photos used on your official WIU Student ID card must meet all of the following requirements.
- The picture must clearly identify you as a person and be of good quality.
- You must be looking straight at the camera (No side profiles).
- There can be no borders on the photo.
- There must be a small space between your head and the top of the image, as well as a definite contrast between you and the background.
- The photograph must be in full color.
- No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses.
- Hats or head coverings, sunglasses, jewelry or any other garment that obstruct the view of your face are not allowed. Exceptions may be made if the item is allowed on your official government-issued ID.
- Only one person must be viewable in the photo
Will I need to take a new photo when getting a replacement ID?
Yes. Anyone obtaining a replacement ID must take a new photo.
How much does it cost to obtain my ID?
There is no charge for the initial University ID card issued. The replacement card cost is $25 and can be charged to your student account.
What do I do if I lose my ID or need to inactivate it?
Call the UHDS Office at 309-298-3000 during business hours to cancel the card or the Office of Public Safety 309-298-1949 if it is an evening or weekend.
You may also deactivate your card on STARS by selecting "UHDS Lost or Stolen Student ID Card" from the drop-down menu. Obtain a new ID at University Housing & Dining Services in Seal Hall or the Student Development Office in the University Union. The replacement cost for a new card is $25.
What if I find my ID after I deactivated but before I purchased a new one?
If you find your ID card after you deactivated it, you may call UHDS and ask to reactivate an ID card. To verify you identity over the phone, we will ask you security questions before reactivating your card. If you have already purchased a replacement card, we cannot activate an old card and waive your replacement fee.