Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Smile! And send us your best shot...
Western Illinois University has made it possible for incoming freshmen and transfer students who have registered for Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR), to submit the photo for your student ID online. Once your photo has been submitted and approved by Western, your ID will be available for you to pick up when you attend SOAR.
All photos must be approved at least 3 business days before your scheduled SOAR program. We suggest that you begin submitting a photo at least 7 days before the event. If you don't submit a photo or your photo is not approved, you will be required to have a photo taken during SOAR.
Please check your WIU Zimbra email account after submitting a photo for your photo approval status.
Photo Requirements & Restrictions
All photos used on your official WIU Student ID card must meet all of the following requirements.
- Image must be in .jpg format
- Image must be 1 x 1.33 aspect ratio (175 pixels wide by 225 pixels tall suggested)
- Image must be less than 60 KB in size
- The picture must clearly identify you as a person and be of good quality
- You must be looking straight at the camera. (No side profiles)
- There can be no borders on the photo.
- There must be a small space between your head and the top of the image, as well as a definite contrast between you and the background.
- The photograph must be in full color
- No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses.
- Hats or head coverings, sunglasses, jewelry or any other garment that obstruct the view of your face are not allowed. Exceptions maybe be made if the item is allowed on your official government-issued ID.
- Only one person must be viewable in the photo
- Please do not upload copyrighted photos.
Upload a photo that is similar in size and appearance to the following (175 pixels by 225 pixels, 60 KB file size).
Steps to your Custom ID Photo...
- Make sure your photo follows the guidelines (see Photo Requirements & Restrictions)
- Upload your photo for processing
- Wait to hear from us regarding your photo status (notification sent to your WIU email account)
- If approved, pick up your new ID during SOAR
- If not approved, try re-submitting (if more than 3 days before SOAR event)
Questions? Contact University Housing & Dining Services at 309-298-2461 or at firstname.lastname@example.org