2016 Coolest Room Contest
Congratulations to our Top 10 who will be moving on to the final round of voting, in which Inter-Hall Council will choose the First, Second, and Third place winners. Check out all of the submissions atUHDS Facebook page.
1st Place: $50 University Bookstore Gift Certificate
2nd Place: $25 in Rocky Dollars
3rd Place: $25 University Bookstore Gift Certificate
The top 3 finalists will have first opportunity to choose their room for the 2017-2018 academic year before the competitive online Renewal begins. All entries will be considered for a professional photo shoot to be included in University publications.
Prizes will be awarded to each roommate.
Wednesday, September 7: Entries due by 11:59pm
Monday, September 12 - Sunday, September 18: Online Voting on UHDS Facebook Page Open
Thursday, September 22: Winners Announced
- Contestants can submit a maximum of 5 photos.
- For students living in a double room, both roommates must agree to enter the contest.
Upon entering, you agree to:
- Authorize Western Illinois University to reproduce, broadcast, edit, publish and/or publicly display the photographs taken during this contest. You understand that you will not receive any monetary or other form of compensation now or in the future for allowing your images to be used for these purposes by Western Illinois University.
- Be present and have your room professionally photographed as scheduled by University Housing & Dining Services.
- Abide by University Housing or Western Illinois University policies when decorating your room and agree to not display offensive materials or decorations that promote alcohol or other drugs, or any violations of local, state, and federal laws. If you do not understand the policies, please check with your Resident Assistant before entering the contest.
How to Enter
To enter the 2016 Coolest Room Contest, please visit this link or click the button above to access the entry form on Purple Post.
Online voting will open starting Monday, September 12 and will close at 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 18. Voting can be accessed through the UHDS Facebook page. Voting will be open to the public and you are encouraged to have your friends and family vote by "liking" your photo.
Inter-Hall Council will select the top three winners from the 10 rooms that received the most “likes” during the online voting.
Winners will be notified via email and will be announced after Thursday, September 22 on the UHDS Facebook page and the website.