Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
2013 Spring Break Closing Information
All residence halls close for Spring break at 7:00 PM on Friday, March 8. If you need to stay past the closing time, you must have permission from your Complex Director. (See your information desk for details, all students must sign up by Thursday, March 7). The latest approved time to stay is 10:00 AM on Saturday, March 9. Residents who do not leave before 10:00 AM will be trespassed by hallstaff and/or the Office of Public Safety.
If you are wanting break housing, please contact Caitlin Davis at 309-298-2413.
All halls will re-open on Sunday, March 17 at 10:00AM.
- Residents will need to close all windows and close blinds. Do not forget to turn off the light.
- Remove all trash from your room. There is a $6 fine for failure to remove trash from your room upon leaving
- Remove all food items that are not stored in a sealed container. Throw away all food that may be perishable. The University is not responsible for power disruptions that may occur.
- Lock your door. Do not let other people into your room after you have left. Please make sure to take all items with you when leaving for break. Once the building is closed you will not be allowed back in.
- Move all belongings three feet away from the heater.
- Rooms will be inspected for health and safety reasons. Students may be fined or processed judicially for items in plain sight. Both occupants will be held responsible. (we will fine each resident a split charge for violations)**
- The hall may be sprayed for pest control. They may want to cover up dishes and other items if they deem appropriate.
- USPS Mail and packages will not be forwarded over break.
Important Closing Dates
- Thursday, March 7: Last day to sign up for late stays
- Friday, March 8, 7pm: All residence hall close
- Saturday, March 9, 10am: All late stays must vacate, Residence Halls closed
- Sunday, March 17, 10am: Residence Halls re-open