- I am not sure where I want to live. How do I check out my options?
- Residence hall tours will be available by appointment on January 22, 23, and 24 from 8 am - 4:30 pm. Call the UHDS office at 309-298-2461 to schedule an appointment with one of our housing ambassadors.
- Where do I find my Renewal assignment time?
- You will receive an email from UHDS with your assignment time or you can check your STARS account.
- What housing is available for breaks?
- Break Housing is available in Corbin and Olson. Students who live in Corbin or Olson Hall will be able to request to stay in their current room over break periods for an additional fee. Students who do not live in Corbin or Olson will have the opportunity to sign up for Break Housing where they can move in to a room in Olson Hall during the break periods.
- How do I apply for Summer 2014 housing?
- Summer housing contracts will be available in April. The summer housing application is a separate process from the Housing Renewal process.
- How do I request a roommate?
- During the Renewal process, you will be able to put in the requested roommate's name and ID number. The requested roommate will receive an email and will have 24 hours to confirm the request. For a more detailed tutorial, see How to Request a Roommate.
- What if my requested roommate forgot to confirm within 24 hours?
- You will be notified, and the other half of your room will be opened up for general assignments.
- What happens if the space I want is not available?
- Don't Panic. If you do not get your first choice, place yourself on the appropriate wait list on STARS and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- How do I make changes to my housing preferences, roommate information or change my room assignment?
- During the open renewal period (February 8-28), you can log on to STARS to update your housing preferences, add a MicroFridge request, and continue to shop around for your 2014-2015 assignment.
- How do I cancel my housing contract?
- If you are eligible to live off campus and need to cancel your housing contract for the 2014-2015 academic year, you must do so by March 1, 2014 to avoid a contract cancellation fee (equal to your double room rate). You may cancel your housing contract from the Housing Information Menu on STARS.
- How do I know if I am eligible to live off campus?
- According to the University Housing policy, all freshman and sophomore students (defined as less than 60 credit hours) are required to live on campus. If you will reach 60 credit hour status by the Fall 2014 semester you will be exempt from the housing requirement. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to live off campus it is important that you contact the Director of Residential Administration, Bridget McCormick at 309-298-3320. If you are non-compliant with the housing policy, you will be charged a non-compliance fee (equal to your double room rate).
- How do I know if my room is available for Same Hall/Same Room Renewal?
See which rooms are NOT available for Renewal for more information.
- How do I get approved to live in a Living-Learning Community?
- Students currently living in an LLC are automatically approved to continue living in that same LLC. If you are interested in joining a new LLC you must contact the sponsor advisor.
- Global LINC: Language and Intercultural Community
- What are the room and board rates for next year?
- As long as you continue to live with us, your rates will not increase. Click here to view current and past rates.
- What should I do if I am not going to be on campus in the Spring 2015 semester but want to live on campus for the Fall 2014 semester?
- If you will be graduating at the end of the Fall semester or leaving due to student teaching, an internship, or study abroad, you will need to complete a Contract Cancellation form during the Fall 2014 semester. The contract cancellation deadline for canceling your housing contract mid-year is December 1, 2014. All reasons for canceling must be verified. All refunds/credits will be processed after Spring registration ends in January.
2014-2015 Housing Renewal
Living life on campus is the best way to live.