2013 Thanksgiving Break Closing Information
All residence halls close for Fall break at 7:00 pm on Friday, November 22. If you need to stay past the closing time, you must have permission from your Complex Director. (See your information desk for details, must sign up by Wednesday, November 20). The latest approved time to stay is 10:00 AM on Saturday, November 23. Residents who do not leave before 10:00 AM will be trespassed by hall staff and/or the Office of Public Safety.
All halls will re-open on Sunday, December 1 at 10:00 am.
- Residents will need to close all windows and close blinds. Do not forget to turn off the light.
- Remove all trash from your room. There is a $25 fine for failure to remove trash from your room upon leaving
- Remove all food items that are not stored in a sealed container. Throw away all food that may be perishable. The University is not responsible for power disruptions that may occur.
- Lock your door. Do not let other people into your room after you have left. Please make sure to take all items with you when leaving for break. Once the building is closed you will not be allowed back in.
- Move all belongings three feet away from the heater. There is a $25 fine for obstruction to a heating unit.
- The temperature in your room will be reduced to 55 Degrees Fahrenheit. This may affect plants and fish.
- Rooms will be inspected for health and safety reasons. Students may be fined or processed judicially for items in plain sight. Both occupants will be held responsible. (we will fine each resident for violations)**
- The hall could be sprayed for pest control. They may want to cover up dishes and other items if they deem appropriate.
- Mail will not be forwarded over the Thanksgiving break period.
**Any items that are against residence hall policies will be confiscated and documented for follow-up. In most cases, a fine will be charged. See your hall staff for details.
Other helpful information:
- Mail will not be forwarded over break. Mail operations will resume on Monday, December 2
- Dining Hours for Friday, November 22
- All residence halls will have normal hours for breakfast and lunch
- Linc/Wash/Grote C-Store: 11 am - 1:30 pm
- Tanner C-Store: 1:30 - 4:30 pm
- Dinner will only be served at Corbin/Olson Dining Center from 5-7 pm
Important Closing Dates
- Wednesday, November 20: Last day to sign up for late stays
- Friday, November 22, 7 pm: All residence hall close
- Saturday, November 23, 10 am: All late stays must vacate
- Sunday, December 1, 10 am: Residence Halls re-open
Need to stay over the break?
Break Housing is available . . . Learn more