Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Housing & Dining
2012 Fall Break Closing Information
All residence halls close for Fall break at 7:00 PM on Friday, November 16. If you need to stay past the closing time, you must have permission from your Complex Director. (See your information desk for details, must sign up by Thursday, November 15). The latest approved time to stay is 10:00 AM on Saturday, November 17. Residents who do not leave before 10:00 AM will be trespassed by hallstaff and/or the Office of Public Safety.
All halls will re-open on Sunday, November 25 at 10:00AM.
- Residents will need to close all windows and close blinds. Do not forget to turn off the light.
- Remove all trash from your room. There is a $6 fine for failure to remove trash from your room upon leaving
- Remove all food items that are not stored in a sealed container. Throw away all food that may be perishable. The University is not responsible for power disruptions that may occur.
- Lock your door. Do not let other people into your room after you have left. Please make sure to take all items with you when leaving for break. Once the building is closed you will not be allowed back in.
- Move all belongings three feet away from the heater.
- The temperature in your room will be reduced to 55 Degrees Fahrenheit. This may affect plants and fish.
- Rooms will be inspected for health and safety reasons. Students may be fined or processed judicially for items in plain sight. Both occupants will be held responsible. (we will fine each resident a split charge for violations)**
- Fire Safety equipment will be inspected in each room, including smoke detectors. Tampering with any life safety device will result in disciplinary action.
- The hall could be sprayed for pest control. They may want to cover up dishes and other items if they deem appropriate.
- Mail will not be forwarded over the Fall break period.
Important Closing Dates
- Thursday, November 15: Last day to sign up for late stays
- Friday, November 16, 7pm: All residence hall close
- Saturday, November 17, 10am: All late stays must vacate
- Sunday, November 25, 10am: Residence Halls re-open