The bus will stop at designated stops. Please do not ask the driver to stop at a location which is not designated.
The driver will not stop if there are no visible passengers at the bus stop and there is no request to exit.
- The rear door of the bus is exit only.
- At peak times, fill back seating first all the way to the front; then, use standing room from the back to the front.
- During peak times, passengers should try to make as much standing room as possible so that the buses can carry as many passengers as possible.
- During peak times and inclement weather, the buses occasionally get full. When a bus is full and there is no passenger wanting to get off at the next stop, the bus will not stop for waiting passengers.
- No one is permitted to ride in front of the yellow line at the front of the bus. This is a violation of state law. Once the bus is full, the driver will ask for anyone in front of the yellow line to step off the bus.
- Press stop request bar (yellow strips throughout the bus) or pull yellow stop request cord (located along sides of bus) just prior to the stop at which you wish to exit the bus. A polite verbal request is also acceptable.
- Driver will not stop if there are not visible passengers at a bus stop, and no request to exit.
- On timed routes, drivers will wait at most time points until the route is scheduled to continue.
- Times listed on the schedule are time points. Locate your stop between the two appropriate time points, and be at the stop early. The bus will continue to all designated locations marked on the map. Passengers should plan to be at the stop five minutes early to offset any variances.
- On non-timed routes, drivers may wait at specified locations until that routes spacing is established.
- The restricted access gate on North Charles St. is for the use of the transit system only. Unauthorized use of this gate or tampering with the gate mechanism is a crime. A reward will be offered to anyone who can provide information leading to the apprehension of anyone who tampers with the gate. Forcing your vehicle through the gate could result in major damage to your vehicle.
- Smoking is not permitted on the bus; this includes cigarettes, pipes, cigars, or use of any item that resembles any smoking device.
- Radios must be kept off while riding the bus. Headsets, cellular phones, and other electronic equipment, that does not interfere with other riders or the safety of the bus, are permitted.
- Go West reserves the right to ask any passenger to turn his or her electronic equipment off for the safety or comfort of other riders.
- Please keep all hands inside the bus. Windows may be open in warmer weather.
- Passengers that do not follow the driver's directions are subject to removal from the bus. Police will be contacted and will meet the bus for those passengers who are unruly, disturbing the peace, or threatening the safety of other riders.
- The bus is equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits, and cleaning tools. If there is a need for the use of any of these items, please notify the driver.
- If a wheelchair passenger desires to use the bus, the passengers seated in the wheelchair seats must relinquish their seats so that the wheelchair passenger may safely ride in the wheelchair station.
- All wheelchairs and power scooters must be tied down by a 4-point securement.