Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about WIU Financial Aid - use the FAQ Index to the right to select a category!
Question of the Week
Q. I need more aid - what should I do?
A. If you have any remaining financial need after your aid has applied to your student account, here are a few options to consider:
- Review the Billing & Receivables Payment Plans to determine if there is a payment plan that would work for you and your family.
- Consider pursuing student employment opportunities to help cover your expenses.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to determine if you are eligible for any additional federal student loans.
- Review and discuss the Federal Parent PLUS Loan information on our website with your parent(s). A student whose parent is unable to obtain a PLUS loan may be eligible for additional federal student loans.
- Review the private alternative student loan information on our website. Students who are unable to obtain a private loan will not be eligible for additional federal student loans.
If your family's financial circumstances have changed since you filed your FAFSA (loss of job or benefits, death of a parent, etc.), contact our office to discuss your individual situation with a financial aid advisor.
- Common Undergraduate Questions
- Common Graduate Questions
- Costs & Billing
- Loans (General)
- Loans (Federal Student)
- Loans (Parent PLUS)
- Loans(Private Student)
- Loans (Consolidation)
- Military Programs
- Personal Finance
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Employment/Work Study
- Study Abroad
- Summer School
- Teach Grant