Financial Aid News
Important Fall 2017 Financial Aid Information
- Check your WIU email frequently for notifications from the Financial Aid Office.
- FAFSAs and other financial aid information and requests received in August will be considered in date order in September due to the volume of processing in August.
- Set up a Parent and Guest Account on STARS if you want a parent or other person to be able to see your financial aid information on STARS or to talk with Financial Aid staff about your aid.
- Check Financial Aid Information on STARS to:
- See if information is needed to complete the review of your file.
- See your Financial Aid Award Letter.
- See if you need to sign a Master Promissory Note (www.studentloans.gov)
- See if you need to complete the Entrance Counseling (www.studentloans.gov)
- See current financial aid awards. Actual awards may adjust nightly if your enrollment changes.
- Cancel or reduce any of your loans. Reductions requested after August 1st may take up to 10-15 business days to process and may delay your loan disbursement.
- To confirm when aid has been credited to your university account. Aid may adjust nightly if you add or drop courses and your tuition and fees change.
- To confirm when a refund disbursement has been initiated. Allow 2 business days for direct deposit to a personal account.
- 1st – first day any Fall aid and Fall charges can display on B/R Account Detail.
- 6th - Billings Office emails the first monthly bill for Fall. Loans will not show as a credit on the August bill.
- 15th - per federal regulations, the earliest that any federal loan funds can be released to your university account. Please be aware that many loans must be manually reviewed which will delay that release. The day after the release, you will see the credit applied on B/R Account Detail.
- 21st – first day for direct deposit of refunds from Billings if you have more aid than allowable costs.
- 26th – first day any private alternative loans will display on B/R Account Detail.