For many students and families, the cost of attending college can be too great to manage alone – for this reason, the WIU Financial Aid Office is available to assist eligible students in obtaining financial aid so they may achieve their educational goals.
There are many types of financial aid available, including grants, loans, scholarships, and student employment.
In general, financial aid can be used to pay tuition, fees, books, supplies, and certain living expenses. To be sure you receive the money you are eligible for, it is best to plan ahead. The financial aid process may take up to 8-12 weeks, so start the application process early (as soon as January 1)!
Getting Started Topics
- Financial Aid Brochure
- Discover What to Expect
- 2014-15 Financial Aid Checklist
- 2013-14 Financial Aid Checklist
- FAFSA Help
- I've Submitted My FAFSA - What's Next?
- Paying for College at WIU
- The Benefits of Student Employment
- WIU Financial Aid Timeline
- Understanding Your Award Letter
- WIU Financial Aid Reminders
- Release of Information
- Financial Aid Jargon