Please do not send worksheets, tax returns, or tax transcripts unless the information is requested from you. Copies of federal tax returns are NO LONGER ACCEPTED - please reference worksheet for instructions.
If selected for verification, you will be contacted by WIU email - you may also check STARS for your Financial Aid Status. Students selected for verification will print their verification worksheet directly from STARS - see below for instructions.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
To print your personalized 2016-17 verification form, please:
- Log on to STARS - If you have forgotten or lost your STARS log-in information, please contact the University Technology (UTech) Helpdesk at 309-298-2704.
- Select "Financial Aid Information" from the menu
- Click the "2016-17 Academic Year" button
- Click the "Verification Form" link listed in blue at the top of the screen
- Print your personalized verification form
For additional instructions, please refer to the IRS Instructions for 2016-17 Verification. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is generally available starting in early February. If you or your parent(s) are eligible to transfer tax data directly from the IRS to the FAFSA, watch the IRS Data Retrieval video tutorial for additional instructions. IRS Tax Return Transcripts can now be requested four different ways - click here for online instructions.
Forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you require any of these forms in an alternative format, please contact the Financial Aid Office at Financial-Aid@wiu.edu.