Guide for Completing TANF Online Forms
If you meet the following criteria and wish to be considered for a TANF Scholarship, please complete the forms as outlined below.
Scholarship eligibility criteria:
To be considered, students MUST meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Illinois resident;
- Have income below 200% of the poverty level** and/or receive TANF;
- Have a minor child/children (under the age of 18);
- Be accepted and enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) in a post-secondary education level program/courses leading to a 1st baccalaureate degree and employment;
- Exceptions granted to minimum enrollment requirements on a case by case basis and during summer enrollment - appeal to be submitted in writing with Student Record for the term involved, excluding summer
- Maintain at least a 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 4.0 scale;
- Meet WIU Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines as defined by the Financial Aid Office for all students receiving financial aid each semester;
- Achieve their degree within a maximum of 8 years (provided funding is available for continuing the program);
- Meet the eligibility criteria each semester funding is awarded.
**2013-2014 HHS Poverty Guidelines
|Size of Family Unit||48 Contiguous States & DC***||200 % of Poverty Level|
|1||$ 11,490||$ 22,980|
|2||$ 15,510||$ 31,020|
|3||$ 19,530||$ 39,060|
|4||$ 23,550||$ 47,100|
|5||$ 27,570||$ 55,140|
|6||$ 31,590||$ 63,180|
|7||$ 35,610||$ 71,220|
|8||$ 39,630||$ 79,260|
|For each additional person add||$ 4,020||$ 8,040|
Per Federal Register Notice, 1/24/13
Completing Forms for 2014-15:
When these forms are completed, you may mail them or bring them in to the Financial Aid Office. You will be notified by revised award letter if you are awarded a scholarship. REMEMBER – forms are not acceptable if dated prior to grades being posted for the last term you attended.
Complete the following to apply for a 2014-15 term:
- After earning 60 credit hours, register with Leather Link through the Career Development Center.
- The 2014-2015 TANF Low Income Degree Scholarship Program Application (completed each award year) - fill in all required sections - incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The Student Record - Fall 2014 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The Progress Report - Fall 2014 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The Student Record - Spring 2015 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The Progress Report - Spring 2015 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The Student Record - Summer 2015 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The Progress Report - Summer 2015 (complete each term TANF is awarded).
- The AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (Complete only once) - If you are a first-time TANF recipient, you must complete an Authorization for Release of Personal Information. This allows us to furnish the Department of Human Services your grades and let them access to your FAFSA information if requested.
- The TANF Recipient Acknowledgment Form (complete each award year) - After reading each bullet item, initial in the space provided, print your name, fill in your WIU ID#, sign and date the form.
Forms require Adobe Reader. If you require the forms in an alternative format, please contact the Financial Aid office at Financial-Aid@wiu.edu.