Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Guide for Completing TANF Online Forms
If you meet the following criteria and wish to be considered for a TANF Scholarship for Spring 2013, please complete the forms as outlined below.
Scholarship eligibility criteria:
To be considered, students MUST meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have income below 200% of the poverty level** and/or receive TANF;
- Have a minor child/children (under the age of 18);
- Be accepted and enrolled in a post-secondary education level program/courses leading to a degree and employment;
- Maintain at least a 2.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 4.0 scale;
- Achieve their degree within a maximum of 8 years (provided funding is available for continuing the program);
- Meet the eligibility criteria each semester funding is awarded;
- Register with Career Services after earning 60 credit hours.
**2012-2013 HHS Poverty Guidelines
|Size of Family Unit||48 Contiguous States & DC***||200 % of Poverty Level|
|For each additional person add||3,960||7,920|
Forms require Adobe Reader. If you require the forms in an alternative format, please contact the Financial Aid office at Financial-Aid@wiu.edu
2013-2014 TANF Low Income Degree Scholarship Program Application (completed each award year). Fill in all required sections - incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Fill in your name (please print), Social Security number, DHS case number (put N/A on the DHS Case # line if you do not receive any assistance), and address.
- Put "Y" or "N" in blank before criteria bullets as applicable except leave the last bullet blank .
- Do Not complete the Funding/Progress Information Section
- Complete employment information. If you are unemployed, put unemployed on one of the lines.
- Sign and date the form.
- Leave the Provider Signature line blank.
AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(Complete only once)
If you are a first-time TANF recipient, you must complete an Authorization for Release of Personal Information. This allows us to furnish the Department of Human Services your grades and let them access to your FAFSA information if requested.
TANF Recipient Acknowledgment Form (complete each award year) After reading each bulleted item, initial in the space provided, print your name, fill in your WIU ID#, sign and date the form.
When these forms are completed, you may mail them or bring them in to the Financial Aid Office. You will be notified by revised award letter if you are awarded a scholarship. REMEMBER – forms are not acceptable if dated prior to grades being posted for the last term you attended.