Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
You must be able to convey some basic concepts and ideas to the potential employer.
- What type of job/position are you seeking?
- How did you find out about the job/position opening?
- What qualifies you for the job/position that you are inquiring about?
- When are you available for a personal interview?
- Sample letter with some experience
- Sample letter for an internship
- Sample letter for education majors
- Sample letter with no experience
Thank You Letters
- A thank you letter should be written immediately after you complete a job interview.
- You will want to be brief but yet touch upon some of the most pertinent facts form the interview.
- You will want to reinforce your interest in the position and your ability to do the job.
- You may want to write a conventional letter to send through the US mail. You may also opt to send a "Thank You email", (this is becoming more popular), or even send a thank you card. Whichever method you choose, sending a "thank you follow-up" shows that you are a professional.
- Sample Thank-You letter