Register online for your FREE! Introduction to Cardio/Weight Equipment, a FREE! Fitness Assessment, or sign up for one of our affordable Personal Training packages.
FALL 2015 GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
No extra fees for Group Fitness classes and no registration required!
OLYMPIC STRENGTH ROOM OPENING
NOW OPEN! Come see the latest addition to Campus Recreation.
Hours of operation:
Monday: 3:00-7:00 PM
Tuesday: 11:00 AM-1:00 PM & 3:00-7:00 PM
Wednesday: 3:00-7:00 PM
Thursday: 11:00 AM-1:00 PM & 3:00-7:00 PM
Friday: 3:00-7:00 PM
Saturday: Noon- 2:00 PM
Sunday: 3:00-5:00 PM
- The Olympic Strength Room will include three racks with platforms, bars and bumper weights.
- A Campus Recreation employee will staff the room during open hours.
- Chalk will be allowed and provided by Campus Recreation.
- The room will be open to students and Recreation Center members.
- The area will be utilized for Olympic lifting programs that include snatch, clean and jerk.
- Deadlifting will be permitted.
- Students and members wishing to use the area for Olympic lifting will be tested on their lifting proficiency by the Olympic Strength Room attendant.
- Testing will occur during hours of operation of the Olympic Strength Room.
- Students and members recorded as passing may come in during the rooms' open hours to lift.
- Individuals that do not pass may use the space to improve technique and may be given suggestions.
- Because safety is of the utmost importance, individuals who misrepresent their test status will be subject to the same penalties as someone who has misused an ID - two weeks of suspension from the Campus Recreation facilities.
For more information or questions, please contact Kelley Kenady at KA-Kenady@wiu.edu.
LOVE YOUR BODY DAY
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21 from 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM at Hanson Field
Join us for Belly Dancing, Zumba, Hula Hoop and Yoga mini-sessions. Please bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to Loaves and Fishes and enter to win Campus Recreation swag.
FREE to all community members.
HEALTH AND FITNESS FAIR
Tuesday, October 27 fronm 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM at the Campus Recreation Mezzanine and Court 3
The following departments and agencies will be in attendance:
- Advanced Rehab Services
- AOD Resource Center
- Beu Health Center
- Campus Recreation Personal Trainers
- Employee Wellness
- Equal Opportunity and Access
- Exercise Science Student Association
- Veteran's Resource Center
- Veteran's Mobile Unit
- WIU Counseling Center
- Many More!
Donald S. Spencer Student Recreation Center, 200A
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Office: (309) 298-1228
Front Desk: (309) 298-2797
Fax Number: (309) 298-3224